IMG_20200228_154629~3 (resized).jpg
IMG_20200228_154829 (resized).jpg
amigo (resized).jpg
IMG_20200227_140106 (resized).jpg
IMG_20200227_140306 (resized).jpg
IMG_20200226_214244 (resized).jpg
IMG_20200226_214255 (resized).jpg
IMG_20200226_214300 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ronss.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#3 4 years ago

That's a nice looking game!

Check if the flippers "have play" when you wiggle them by hand. The bushings may be shot, giving you the weak feeling. I just did a refurb on my A-Go-Go flippers: night and day!

Check fuses by pulling each out one at a time to test. Also, make sure the correct fuse is being used (3 amp, slo-blo, etc).

For the ball kick out, is the coil firing?

Good luck, this forum is full of knowledge.

#7 4 years ago

Yes, get new fuse holders. Number 1 priority.

1 week later
#15 4 years ago

Did you test the fuses?

#17 4 years ago
Quoted from mattbirk:

So the game was in free mode previously so I thought, but I tried this and manually hit the coin button...boom, the playfield lights up! It also added credits to the back board, so I clicked it enough times to put 10 credits on the machine. Also, the flippers are working (but still very weak)! What is not working is that the ball is not getting pushed from the bottom over to the launcher. How do I begin troubleshooting what would prevent the ball from getting kicked over to the launcher? Also, the ball gets stuck between the two guide rails and doesn't get launched out.
Making progress here, I appreciate everyone's help so far. That issue appeared to be user error. I'm learning...
Also, the fuses I believe are all good, since I tested all four by moving them to the fuse slots that powered the back panel and all four worked.
Thanks,
Matt

Hi Matt,

In the future, to check fuses, get yourself a Digital MultiMeter (DMM) pop each fuse out, one at a time. I generally use the diode setting to test for continuity (The triangle looking mode). That way you'll know which fuse, if any, needs to be replaced.

Glad it's working! We all took small steps to start. I'm in this thing about 2 years and learn something new every machine - both what to and what not to do!!!

As to your ball not being pushed onto the launcher, is there a metal arm that is supposed to do this, or is it gravity fed? If it has an arm, you may need to test that coil. Also, check if there is a wire that may not be being pushed down. It's possible the machine doesn't realize there is a ball there. I'm not familiar with that game, but it could just be a switch adjustment.

#21 4 years ago

Get some alligator clips so you can test before soldering. If it checks out, then solder.

Also, remove the ball, then tip your playfield all the way up. It will rest on the backbox. Makes seeing much easier.

You're getting there!

#22 4 years ago
Quoted from mattbirk:

Dumb question: Are all four fuses the same?
I see them labeled as 15a, 15a, 10a, and 8a. Do I need specific fuses for each?
I will look at the outhole later this evening and try to answer the above questions.

Yes, specific fuses. Usually the ends of the fuses are stamped with the values.

Not a dumb question, a good one!

#31 4 years ago

Did you inspect the outhole switch by hand also?

If it is a leaf switch, are the 2 metal "nubs" touching (or releasing) when the switch is activated by hand/ball?

This is fun!

1 week later
#34 4 years ago

Any progress?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist
Protection
Cabinet - Other
The Pinball Scientist
Other
Machine - For Sale
Chelsea, MI
Hardware
The Pinball Scientist
Hardware
$ 85.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room
Decorations
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ronss.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bally-amigo-weak-flippers-play-field-light-issues?tu=ronss and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.