2 years ago

Topic Stats

• 5 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by xsvtoys
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Jets_1479.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 2 years ago

Hello, my 1974 Bally Amigo on initial start up is very slow. Now this is a problem specific to the first start up. When turned on initially for the first time, it acts like a car with a dead battery, it pauses then the score reels start to barely move before finally resetting and starting a game. After that starting a new game as soon as I press the credit button, the reset process is zippy and fast as it’s has always been. Only other thing I have noticed is if the ball drains and the flippers are pressed between draining the ball and the ball being kicked out again occasionally the playfield goes dark, illumination just on the playfield just goes out. A new game has to be started by turning it off and back on in that circumstance. Mentioning as I don’t know yet if it’s part of the problem or it’s own problem. Any help is appreciated there is a schematic at IPDB.

#3 2 years ago

Thanks I hadn’t thought of this. Can you pinpoint where you found the grease? A picture possible would help? I just don’t see it.

Quoted from metalguy:

My sky kings was doing the same thing. On the score motor the starter clutch wheel had old grease and it wouldn’t engage or disengage quickly. Clean with isopropyl

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Jets_1479.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bally-amigo-start-up-is-slow-?tu=Jets_1479 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.