(Topic ID: 125347)

Bally Amigo Score Reel Problems (added Video 5/1/15)

By CUJO

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 15 posts
  • 5 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by CUJO
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

amigosr4.jpg
Amigoscorereels.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ARTMAN.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#4 9 years ago

I'm no expert but I had similar issues with my Amigo and it all came down to making sure all those contacts are clean and spaced properly. manually step it to 0 position and compare to other player reels in that position. Then step it to the next and do the same on a working reel.

I loves me some Amigo! Out of curiosity, does your spinner have the chicken on it?

#7 9 years ago
Quoted from CUJO:

No chicken...Just a Diamond with a line across the middle, the top being RED and the bottom half WHITE. You got a chicken like the one on the backglass with the cute little vest? lol
I know I am gonna have to address this reel dragging on this reel first. The others don't do it but I haven't needed to test each reel. But the two that are not resetting to "0" are needing some cleaning or something. I've already adjusted the contacts so it's not that.
If I turn the score reel in the backbox as the game is trying to start to 0, then the game will start fine. So I am thinking this is the main culprit.
Did you have to completely disassemble , clean and or lube any of the reels in your Amigo?
Very Fun EM by the Way. I had a Space Mission EM for over 20 years and never played it. Just wasn't much fun, like Amigo is.

Ha! When I first got the game the spinner decal was worn quite a bit but had a red chicken outline on one side, black on the other. I couldn't find any replacement decals for it.

I did have to completely disassemble the reel and clean it all out first. I think I used one of the online pin repair guides? It's been a little bit so sorry not of much more help there.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ARTMAN.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bally-amigo-score-reel-problems?tu=ARTMAN and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.