2 years ago

Topic Stats

• 6 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by johnhw
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 2 years ago

The 1000 point score lights in the middle of the play-field have been intermittent for a long time now they have stopped working. I can't figure out the circuit. Can anyone help with this issue?

#2 2 years ago

I'm certainly no expert but make sure the sockets are good as they can and do go bad and need to be replaced. Have you cleaned the contacts on the bonus stepper unit?

#3 2 years ago

Just to be clear, are you referring to the lights in the bonus ladder on the playfield?

#4 2 years ago

Not everything is labeled and I'm not sure which unit controls these lights. The problem lights are the under the 9 yellow lenses that form a v in the lower center of the field and are labeled 1000 to 9000.

#5 2 years ago

Ok, those would be the insert lights in the bonus ladder. If none of the lamps will light at all, then the issue is extremely unlikely to be bad sockets or bulbs. 6V power to those lamps comes directly to each socket from the bonus stepper itself (see area A/B 19-23 on the schematic). I would look for a broken off wire on the bonus unit or perhaps an extremely dirty spider and contacts. I don't have the machine, but I'm guessing the bonus stepper is on the bottom mech board.

#6 2 years ago

Thanks, the unlabeled stepper is the issue. I cleaned it lightly when I cleaned all the steppers but for some reason that one isn't making contact at every step. One finger of the three is bent slightly more than the other two. The contacts also appear to be very thin. I'm going to pull the wiper off, inspect and hope I have something to clean. If not I may have to replace the wiper if I can find one.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bally-amigo-need-help-with-playfield-scoring-lights and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.