4 years ago

Topic Stats

• 9 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by SaintTony
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
    Capture (resized).PNG
    #1 4 years ago

Hi there all, just signed up to this great forum. Im a newbie when it comes to all this pinball business but im aready hooked! Although getting your head around the inside of these machines is at first pretty overwhelming. Learning the lingo etc so please forgive me!
    I recently got a 1974/75 Bally Amigo 4 player, all worked well for a few weeks but now have a problem with ball not kicking over to shooter alley. Turn pinball on and press button, all score reels reset ok & the ball fires across to alley, play as normal but when ball drains nothing. If I start game up with ball already in shooter alley & play, when it drains it fires ball over ok but only that one time then nothing the next time. So its like somewhere it cuts out or one part in the trail gets stuck. The outhole contact when manually touched down or with ball obviously is working because it kicks the ball over that one first time, with spark etc.. but not second time.
    I know there could be many different scenarios but any ideas where I should start looking? Reading up on things whenever I get the chance but any help out there would be well appreciated.
    Cheers

#2 4 years ago

Check out Clay's pinball repair guides for EM machines:

http://www.pinrepair.com/em/index.htm

When the ball goes into the outhole, does the bonus count down and score? Or does the ball go into the outhole and then nothing happens? Check the bonus unit to see if it will reset. You can manually push the reset solenoid plunger to see if the bonus unit will click into each score position.

#3 4 years ago

Thanks for the link, will check it out. If ball is aready in alley from start & you play when ball drains scores are addd correctly & ball fires across but then next time absolutely nothing. If you start game up with ball in outhole it fires across but then that time when it drains nothing, no score etc... so both scenarios the machine can only recognize the ball drop & fire it across only the once...
    Will have a good look at things today
    Cheers

#4 4 years ago

Also, check the zero bonus relay switches (blue/white wire, red/black wire, green/yellow wire) and the ball index relay switches (blue/white wire, red/black wire, gray/black wire). Make sure these switches are clean and adjusted properly. And check score motor switch 1D (red/black wire, green/yellow wire). This switch should be in the closed position when the ball lands in the outhole.

#5 4 years ago

Likely this score motor sw. Lettering starts at the bottom.

Capture (resized).PNGCapture (resized).PNG
    #6 4 years ago

Had a good look around all the relays mentioned above and the score motor but couldnt see anything that was obvious but then again I am swimming abit in the deep end here! Also noticed the lock relay coil sleeve is seriously flaking off so probably best to find somebody nearby to have a nose. Will pick their brain as much as possible aswell.
    We're in lockdown here in the UK so will have to wait it out!
    Thanks guys for your help... stay safe

#7 4 years ago
    Quoted from SaintTony:

Had a good look around all the relays mentioned above and the score motor but couldnt see anything that was obvious

Loosen the screws on the score motor cam and lightly sand the contacts with 600# or so paper. Make sure everything is nice and straight when you re-tighten.

#8 4 years ago
    Quoted from SaintTony:

but when ball drains nothing

Hi Tony, Welcome to pinside!

If the Bonus Score relay doesn't activate when the ball goes in the Outhole, Inspect and diagnose this circuit with Alligator clip jumper wires
    http://www.planetimming.com/Pinball/troubleshooting/EM%20Troubleshooting.pdf
    http://www.pinrepair.com/em/index3.htm#features

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
    1 week later
    #9 4 years ago

Yeeeesssssss!
    Cant believe it, got the bad boy fully up and working again. Thanks to all of u on this post for yr help. As i mentioned i sort of gave up but i kept having a nose at the relays u guys all mentioned. It turned out to be one of the contacts on the bonus zero relay not properly making contact.
    I know it wont be long until something else crops up but right now ive got a big smile on my face and im just gonna play me some pinball!
    Cheers

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bally-amigo-ball-eject-problem?hl=fredsmythson and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.