• No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
Alladins Castle bonus score relay (resized).jpg

#1 3 years ago

Hey guys, on start up sequence everything resets (yes, all score reels switches have been checked and are solid / resetting), but WITH a ball on the trough switch, the Bonus count stepper resets to 'zero' but keeps firing (score motor keeps running of course). When i push the ball OFF the trough switch, the the bonus stepper stops clicking, the score motor stops, and the trough coil fires to kick out a ball. Once the ball drains of course, the score motor tries to reset everything again, and does not stop (the only thing firing over and over being the bonus stepper, counting down). Even though all switches ON the bonus stepper appear to open at Zero (as they should) I would figure the only reason IT keeps firing is because it doesn't realize it has completely reset right?

Is there something else that would keep that stepper's coil firing OTHER than NOT being reset??
What am I missing here??

#2 3 years ago
Quoted from edwood:

... WITH a ball on the trough switch ...

Do you mean the outhole switch below the flippers?

#3 3 years ago

Can you confirm that the Bonus Score relay is active while the Bonus count stepper keeps stepping? If that's the case, there are two switches in its hold circuit that both need to open for it to release:

Alladins Castle bonus score relay (resized).jpg

/Mark

#4 3 years ago

I was helping a friend with this. I will look next time I'm there and let you know. Thanks for pointing me in this direction though. Is the Aladin's Alley switch in that picture PART of that switch stack on the Bonus stepper? (Still a bit fresh with interpreting schematics at times. I seem to do better with modern electrical components.)

#5 3 years ago

HowardR yes, the outhole switch.

#6 3 years ago
Quoted from edwood:

Is the Aladin's Alley switch in that picture PART of that switch stack on the Bonus stepper?

Sorry, I have no idea. I've never seen the game. Looking through the manual on ipdb.org it seems that there are probably a pair of stepper units that advance independently to increase points to be awarded later (rather than immediately). Generally such steppers have a switch to indicate whether or not they're in the zero or home position. If you activate them manually to step up and back down to the zero position it should be apparent which switch opens (or should open) only in the zero position.

You can double check by comparing the wire colors against those shown on the schematic (also on ipdb.org).

#7 3 years ago

This shows were the Aladdins Alley Unit is located:-

pasted_image (resized).png

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside