(Topic ID: 163350)

Bally - Aladdin'sCastle Score Motor Help

By VDrums2112

7 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider VDrums2112.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 7 years ago

So I find out my neighbor down the road has an Aladdin's Castle that he wants me to look at. He said that when he powers the game on he hears a buzzing sound... My initial thought was the coin lockout coil, but this wasn't the case...

When I turned the game on his score motor is running - BUT - the cam shaft doesn't move. I can see the clutch engage but the cams don't move. I can turn it by hand, score reels and bonus stepper reset to zero, motor stops when in the home position and the game is ready for ball 1. Turning the cams by hand it does feel kind of stiff but still moves without a ton of effort. I turned the score motor by hand on my Old Chicago and it was a LITTLE easier to turn, but not by much. I cycled thru a whole game manually turning the score motor after each ball... Also, after I get the score motor to home position, the credit button doesn't start the score motor with available credits on the credit reel while in Game Over(stuck reset relay, maybe?).

He did say that he turned it on (after about 6 months of sitting) a few weeks ago and played a few games just fine, then a few days ago it was back to the same problem he had a few years ago which is what is described above. He's owned the game about 10 years.

I honestly think if I can get that score motor to move the cams that his game will be fine.

Thanks in advance,
-Steve

#3 7 years ago

Thanks for the reply... I'll be sure to check that out next time I'm over there.

-Steve

3 months later
#4 7 years ago

So I did determine that the score motor was worn out. I found another, had it shipped and installed it. Now that the score motor turns as it should, I have another issue...

When I drop a coin, the credit knocker stays engaged for about 2 seconds, the score motor rotates 1 cycle and stops like it has seen all of the switches in their home position but nothing actually resets and the game does not start... The only thing I know to check would be a stuck game over relay... Am I close?

-Steve

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 12.00
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider VDrums2112.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bally-aladdinscastle-score-motor-help?tu=VDrums2112 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.