IMG_2212 (resized).JPG
IMG_2211 (resized).JPG
IMG_2210 (resized).JPG
IMG_20170201_090908 (resized).jpg
IMG_20170130_223236 (resized).jpg
0Aladdins-Castle-Work-06 (resized).jpg
IMG_20170129_110956 (resized).jpg
IMG_20170129_110707 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinballbrian.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#3 7 years ago

Having same prob.bought machine and started working on it .can manually activate coin,credit,reset.score reels go to zero like they should .seems reset but no kicker coil for ball shooter and no play field power,pop bumpers ect.any advice and did Steve figure his problem out .let me know.going to change a few coils today.coin,reset,ect.see what happens.thanks

#5 7 years ago

No,lock coil stays on but other coils don't.

#6 7 years ago

Also,sorry I took so long to reply,bad storm and cell phone reception bad in area.

#7 7 years ago

Credit reel deducts credit.looked online to see other persons plug ins for credit adjustments at front by door, when I plugged mine in like his it added credits.a pic of how your adjustments are set might help.thank you.

#8 7 years ago

What happened to you Rolf,still there.help please.

#10 7 years ago

Thanks for replying. I'm going to do a few test.want to send you video of machine asap to show relays in action.please stay tuned as it may be Sunday here before I can send it to you. Have manual and schema.bought on Craigslist here.(local free ads ).machine did not work.pics as I bought it.actual ad pics.

00p0p_dJZ97Byj8ll_600x450 (resized).jpg00p0p_dJZ97Byj8ll_600x450 (resized).jpg

00J0J_71e0gArzc5C_600x450 (resized).jpg00J0J_71e0gArzc5C_600x450 (resized).jpg

#11 7 years ago

After clean up and cosmetic.it had a burnt wire I replaced.also harness was cut and double tied at factory .I'm guessing union disputes of late 1970s america.that's why play field had low miles.no wear in alads alley.very clean on inside,many new parts where techs tried to replace parts trying to solve problems. St.Louis arcade told me he don't like 70s machines for wiring issues.I knew when I got it home to dissect wiring .it was not long before I found wiring sabotage by factory worker.he crimped wires and double factory tied it to hide his cuttings.all wires are where they should be now.so I'll make vid and send it to you showing it try to reset.thank you for Patience and help.

IMG_20160913_001638 (resized).jpgIMG_20160913_001638 (resized).jpg

#12 7 years ago

Score motor turns when I push start button on door ,turns I believe half way.then when I manually activate relays coin,credit activate together first,by there selves sometimes other I have to do it, but getting power,then activate reset relay manually.game reels go to zero and stop.motor turns again and stops.credit deducts how it should.also I set trip latch for one or two player,to one player before I hit start button but it always gos to two player light.during reset.want to do video of start sequences so you see first hand the machine and what's going on to better look at situation .again thank you Rolf.

#14 7 years ago

Hi Rolf,no trip and latch don't move,also I did that before and it blew the bottom board fuse.after looking at switches.better adjusting.it blue the top fuse on side ,where there are three fuses,a couple of times.after plugging in wires correctly.coin adjustment,ect by front door.it does not move,but I'm no longer blowing fuses.hope I'm on right track.going to make video.then going to have to send it to you.my e mail address is [email protected] send way to send it to you.that way you can see first hand what's going on.thanks a lot so far.I'm going to owe you big time for this.

#16 7 years ago

Will test this evening.also will send video first.then post results of test.thank you.will get back with you shortly.

#17 7 years ago

Went ahead and tested game over inter re lay,when I touched jumper from double yellow wires on trans and other end to relay .latch blew fuse when touched to double black wires.latch tried and blew fuse when touched to double brown wires.that's on g31- 2000 coil.nothing happens when I touch to the red wire or the double green wires on little coil.

#18 7 years ago

Meant to say latch trips when touched to double brown,blows top 10 amp fuse on side of cab though.

IMG_20170122_103425 (resized).jpgIMG_20170122_103425 (resized).jpg

#21 7 years ago

Thanks but no thanks paintpin,appreciate the thought ,but its a wiring issue,relays and coils are new.some switch or switches are issue.

#22 7 years ago

Greetings Rolf.posted here.will also mail you.did test.AAA is yes .BBB is no .CCC is no DDD is no.here's what I discovered .I separated switch on relay that had two yellow wires with black trace,see picture.it was causing fuses to blow.then I hooked light green to br /y .latch tripped,also two player latch in back box switched to one player and clicked ,00-90 unit clicked once every time I touched to brown /yellow trace.when I touched to red/white trace.nothing.when I touched to green / red trace ,nothing.did not touch to double black.did not touch two wires at same time during test.hope this helps.picture points to switch I separated to keep fuses from blowing.thanks again Rolf.

IMG_20170122_200125 (resized).jpgIMG_20170122_200125 (resized).jpg

#24 7 years ago

Rolf,sorry about confusion.my fault.yes ,I bent the switch myself because it was blowing fuses.made a pic of relay switch with wire colors and how many wires.had to take a few pics to see it all clear.hope this helps.

IMG_20170123_174606 (resized).jpgIMG_20170123_174606 (resized).jpg

IMG_20170123_174549 (resized).jpgIMG_20170123_174549 (resized).jpg

#25 7 years ago

I think when I said yellow and black wire,I had order of wires mixed up.sorry.this is switches on relay as they are connected to wires. My finger was pointing at the bent switch.sorry I wasn't more clear.will do better next time.

#27 7 years ago

Deltaqueen, that is your lock relay.it pulls in when you turn the power on.it stays that way as long as you have power on.

#28 7 years ago

I will post relay map for you.

#29 7 years ago

I hope you can make it out.may need to zoom.

IMG_20170123_233211 (resized).jpgIMG_20170123_233211 (resized).jpg

#30 7 years ago

Greetings Rolf,f-14 is switch I bend .I separated by force.it was blowing fuses.the make and brake switch has one Grey wire,two brown wires,and a light blue with yellow trace wire.on separate lugs.five switches on relay all together. Thank you again I am sorry for confusion .

#35 7 years ago

Thank you Rolf for info on my pic.will do all test and report back tomorrow. Again thank you.please stay tuned.

#36 7 years ago

Greetings Rolf.yes it is true,green and red.also I cut wires and connect back together.also fuse does not blow when it gets electricity with switch open.also did test with jumper wire.latch trips,fuse does not blow.hope this is good news.please tell me.

#38 7 years ago

Greetings Rolf,yes coil is good.so are instructions from you.what else makes f-14 switch blow fuses when closed.thank you.good news I hope.

#40 7 years ago

Thank you Rolf.I will test these things later tonight and post tomorrow the results of these test.again thank you.I feel we are making good progress and you teach me so much.

#41 7 years ago

Greetings Rolf,did test as you said .put paper between switch.red wire ,red -white wire on tilt relay.fuse did not blow.now when game over relay switch contacts ,score motor turns a half turn and ball shooter coil keeps kicking out.I feel this is good news for me as I am learning what switches make other parts work.you teach very good.you said fault is in light blue line.is this true.also.are you talking about 1000 point relay.could not zoom picture well.thank you.please respond soon.

#42 7 years ago

Greetings Rolf,sorry ,I was wrong when I said score motor turns half way.score motor keeps turning and coil on ball shooter keeps kicking.again sorry .please respond.thank you.

#44 7 years ago

Greetings Rolf.did as you say.paper between tilt relay switch.manually trip game over relay and hold in ,then I manually step bonus up .motor and kicker stop.I hope this is good news.I think so.do you.again think you.I hope we are making good progress.

#46 7 years ago

Greetings Rolf,yes I want to keep working on it if you will help.you have helped a lot already.I appreciate your time and patients with me.I will test more and post tomorrow. Please stay tuned.

#49 7 years ago

Greetings Rolf.good news I hope.did first test.fuse blows.Rolf and Brian not chasing phantom. Did pink wire test.(alpha). When I hook up jumper to step up coil.2 red wires from coil to red wire ,switch.step up work.kicker quits firing ,motor stops.is short in wires.if so.which wire.or is coil in step up bad.or bad switch. Please respond.and I thank you.I am learning more.

#51 7 years ago

Sorry Rolf ,my fault ,did alpha test.fuse did not blow.connect jumper wire.step up advance.kicker stop.motor stop.

#53 7 years ago

Greetings Rolf.will test tomorrow and post results .I may have found short.will let you know tomorrow. Please stay tuned.thank you.

#54 7 years ago

Did a test.only when plug in pic is plugged does switch cause short.would you say short is in red wires on play field or something wires are connected to.(Pic is showing play field to bottom cabinet plug in.)

IMG_20170128_223816 (resized).jpgIMG_20170128_223816 (resized).jpg

#55 7 years ago

Greetings Rolf,again sorry.mean to say only when plug is connected ,fuse blows.fuse does not blow when not connected. Will look at play field wires again tomorrow to see where ,if short is under play field.again thank you .

#57 7 years ago

Greetings Rolf.I am going to look at wiring under play field today.I have replaced rectifier and capacitor already .replaced when first got machine.I am looking at the four coils under play field .going to replace those today also.also going to trace red wires under play field from Jones plug to flipper coils.will post tomorrow. Please stay tuned.(also.do I have rectifier wires connected right ?)please let me know.again thank you.I have feeling we are close to finding short.

IMG_20170129_110707 (resized).jpgIMG_20170129_110707 (resized).jpg

IMG_20170129_110956 (resized).jpgIMG_20170129_110956 (resized).jpg

#58 7 years ago

Greetings Rolf.I found where short might be.question?is rectifier connected correct.also when unplug rectifier,fuse does not blow.could the short be past rectifier.please respond soon.

#60 7 years ago

Greetings Rolf.kinda funny. I buy rectifier new.also I see where diode is in shcem , ,but do not have one under play field.where is good place to connect diode? Do you have pic of your game for example? Or can you tell me.also forgot to tell ,when I unplug rectifier .step up worked on its own.did not have to manually step up to get motor to stop.thank you .you are big help.will have to get other rectifier.

#62 7 years ago

Greetings Rolf.did as you say.plug in black-red wire.unplug red wire.fuse did blow.unplug both wires.some of play field work.score reels work.I think bad rectifier also.but also need to know where to connect diode?.you are pinball expert.I thank you very much.

#64 7 years ago

Greetings Rolf.you are correct. In here we proceed with rest.thank you.

#66 7 years ago

Hi,delta .are you talking under play field.I did four steps up manually.let me know.

IMG_20170130_223236 (resized).jpgIMG_20170130_223236 (resized).jpg

#68 7 years ago

Good deal delta,my problem now is starting plug ins by front door,don't know if there in right .could someone tell me.have manual,but want to make sure.will post pic.thank you.p.s.just want to plug for one coin ,one credit.and two player,three balls.

#69 7 years ago

Hi delta,or anyone else on forum.does this look like correct plugin for settings I want.thank you.

IMG_20170201_090908 (resized).jpgIMG_20170201_090908 (resized).jpg

#71 7 years ago

Thank you delta.just want to check.I seen a video on( you tube )where guy fixes pinball in 23 minutes.but he says his shcem did not match the wiring in machine.since this is a76-77 year.just want to make sure I did not miss a ( need to know.) Memo. Again thanks.

#75 7 years ago

Thank you deltaqueen,I see you have no plug in on coin credit adj.does your game start and reset with no plug in there.I have manual.it did not say that.could be my prob.will let you know in couple of days.have good weekend,please check back.again thanks.

#77 7 years ago

Again thanks .does anyone know where to buy a 10 step unit(score reel,old style) part c-5726 for old Williams game.or pin that holds gear in middle.my pin has groove in it and won't let cog catch gear to turn score reel.any help appreciated.

IMG_20170207_215400 (resized).jpgIMG_20170207_215400 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinballbrian.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bally-aladdins-castle-wont-reset?tu=pinballbrian and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.