• Latest reply 2 years ago by debaser
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

drum_unit_coils (resized).png
B32E8516-3675-4644-B1B7-7D409D67732A (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider tfduda.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2 2 years ago
Quoted from debaser:

2 - Player 2 10,000 score reel will not attempt to reset to zero at the start of a game and the score motor will keep running. If I manually move it to the zero position, the game will start up. It advances fine during game play.

If I remember right, there’s a switch on each score reel that is closed at any number but zero that closes a circuit to the coil that steps up that reel during reset and then that is open when the reel reaches zero (which breaks the circuit to the step up coil). Presumably that switch is out of adjustment or contacts are dirty or there is another break somewhere in that circuit (loose wire, etc.). Should be easy enough to check.

GI lites issues could be a loose fuse. Fuse holders on these machines are pretty crappy. I don’t have machine or schematic in front of me, but you should be able to locate the right one in the cabinet to see if it’s loose.

Not sure about the outhole issue, but will look at a schematic and see if anything makes sense.

Good luck!

#4 2 years ago
Quoted from debaser:

3 - The GI lamps are all off when you start a game. As you hit various switches (like the inlane switches), the GI and insert lights will temporarily come on as it's processing the switch hit but then they go off again.

Given that the extra ball lite comes on, I think my fuse idea isn’t right as it looks like the playfield lites are on the same fuse as the extra ball one. A switch on the extra ball relay completes the circuit to this lite. Is the extra ball relay engaged when the lite is on?

And then the playfield lites circuit is associated with a switch on the tilt relay and game over relay (can’t see the rest of the gi lites circuit on the snippet below). Perhaps a switch on one of these is dirty or misadjusted, although am not sure why the lites would come on after a ball goes through the alley...

B32E8516-3675-4644-B1B7-7D409D67732A (resized).jpegB32E8516-3675-4644-B1B7-7D409D67732A (resized).jpeg
#7 2 years ago
Quoted from debaser:

I already cleaned/adjusted the switches on that score reel.

It looks like there are switches on the score reels (drum units) and on the score reset relay that complete the circuit to the score reel step up coils. Given that the other reels are resetting properly (which shows that the score reset relay is engaging) and the reel that isn't resetting is working right during game play (which suggest that its coil is OK), it seems like it has to be either the drum unit zero switch on that reel or the score reset relay switch associated with that reel.

Good luck!

drum_unit_coils (resized).pngdrum_unit_coils (resized).png
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 12.00

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider tfduda.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bally-aladdin-s-castle-start-up-issues?tu=tfduda and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.