• Latest reply 2 years ago by debaser
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

drum_unit_coils (resized).png
B32E8516-3675-4644-B1B7-7D409D67732A (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider debaser.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 2 years ago

I've got a Bally Aladdin's Castle (2 player) that I'm working on. It's mostly working but having some issues. I have not worked on many EM's so I thought I would see if anyone can help me out. I picked up a copy of the manual and schematics. Here is what is going on:

1 - The outhole solenoid is not kicking the ball into the shooter lane, so the score motor keeps running until you manually move the ball off the outhole switch. Wiring to the solenoid is good and the solenoid tests fine.

2 - Player 2 10,000 score reel will not attempt to reset to zero at the start of a game and the score motor will keep running. If I manually move it to the zero position, the game will start up. It advances fine during game play.

3 - The GI lamps are all off when you start a game. As you hit various switches (like the inlane switches), the GI and insert lights will temporarily come on as it's processing the switch hit but then they go off again.

If you hit either of the two rollovers in the Aladdin's Alley turn around, the GI lights and the insert lights will come on and stay on until the ball drains then turn off again once the next ball is in play.

4 - The Same Player Shoots Again light is on when you turn on the game (only light lit on playfield and no GI) and stays on until you shoot one of the Aladdin's Alley roll overs. It will come back on properly when you earn shoot again.

Any ideas?

#5 2 years ago
Quoted from HowardR:

Is the Outhole relay activated when this happens?

Yes it is.

#6 2 years ago
Quoted from tfduda:

If I remember right, there’s a switch on each score reel that is closed at any number but zero that closes a circuit to the coil that steps up that reel during reset and then that is open when the reel reaches zero (which breaks the circuit to the step up coil). Presumably that switch is out of adjustment or contacts are dirty or there is another break somewhere in that circuit (loose wire, etc.). Should be easy enough to check.
GI lites issues could be a loose fuse. Fuse holders on these machines are pretty crappy. I don’t have machine or schematic in front of me, but you should be able to locate the right one in the cabinet to see if it’s loose.
Not sure about the outhole issue, but will look at a schematic and see if anything makes sense.
Good luck!

I already cleaned/adjusted the switches on that score reel. I also replaced all the fuse holders as they were in really bad shape.

1 week later
#8 2 years ago

Just wanted to post an update on this. With a lot of help from my buddy Mike we were able to get this game working 100%. The issue with the player 2 10,000 reel not resetting to zero at the start of a game was due to a wire that was just barely hanging on at the score reel switch stack. Resoldered that wire and the score wheel was working again properly.

The issue with the outhole kicker not firing and the GI/insert lights only working when going thru the Aladdin's Alley ended up being bad connections at the jones plugs for the playfield. The crappy Bally jones plugs strike again. Also had a few bonus lights not working or being intermittent. Cleaned/lubed up the bonus stepper unit and they were all working again.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 12.00

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider debaser.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bally-aladdin-s-castle-start-up-issues?tu=debaser and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.