20190102_190257 (resized).jpg
20190102_190237 (resized).jpg
20190102_190230 (resized).jpg
20190102_190219 (resized).jpg
20190102_190213 (resized).jpg
20190102_190151 (resized).jpg
20190102_190144 (resized).jpg
20190102_185537 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Mopar.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#6 5 years ago
Quoted from durgee7:

The counter will continue to increase after each complete game.

Are you saying that after a game is completed, the counter will keep counting upward until it maxes out,
or once at the end of a game, or increases once during game play as it should if a certain score is reached?
I just read your last post. It doesn't sound like something mechanical in the Replay Unit (counter), but something
electronical as if maybe a two plays for 1 coin relay activates. I have an Aladdin's Castle (at a Friend's Pizza place)
and I have it set so if a certain score (high score) is reach, once that ball has drained, you shoot that ball again.
(Same Player Shoots Again). More less a free ball. I believe there's an adjustment for that maybe in the back box
(head) of the machine..

#11 5 years ago
Quoted from durgee7:

As I press credit button for new game, the counter goes down slightly, then springs up one number higher than current.

Quoted from durgee7:

I have been manually resetting the OtT counter by pushing the piston into the coil until counter shows zero.

Yea, it doesn't sound like the step up coil is energizing. Must be a spring..

#13 5 years ago

Okay, but keep a wide vision. It may not be the spring. With it back on zero, if someone pushes
the start button while you're behind the machine watching, check if the larger coil on the ott (actually
it's the Replay Unit) pulls in at start up, or what ever else may be going on. I could be wrong, but
after 2nd thinking, I think the larger coil (the one that you're not pushing in the piston to set back to
zero) is activating. Let us know what you find..

#17 5 years ago
Quoted from V_piscopo:

Set it to free play and be done with it.

Yea, looks like the step up coil is energizing. Because the reset coil activates fine manually,
the (although slightly deformed) spring seems to be doing it's job..
Like Vp said, no replay wheel is needed. The machine performs the same. You can just let the
reel travel to 15, then leave it. If you'd like, I'll locate the plugin' for Same Player Shoots Again,
which for me, makes for a much better home use game..

#19 5 years ago
Quoted from durgee7:

Is there a way to "like" all of the feedback to give credit for your pinside profiles?

Ha, ha. I don't know about any feed back, but in a crazy way, you're actually helping me.
If I feel there's a chance that I can help someone, but turn my back, I get an uneasy like
feeling. I feeling that I rather not have. Your appreciation is more than enough..
It's around that time to check on that machine anyways (at the Pizza Shop), so I'll check
on the "Same Player Shoot Again" adjustment..

#26 5 years ago

Well, I stopped down and took a look at the A.C. and the adjustment to change from credit (which is what
the Replay Unit is used for) to X Ball is in the backbox all the way to the right (as you're facing the rear of the
machine), about the same height as the bottom of the Replay Reel. If you' like to try that, maybe Vp can take
a quick pic for reinsurance. I myself don't have a camera phone..
Btw: The plugin' for Credit (which it appears it's in) is in the left side of the female, and X Ball would be on the
right. It's only a two prong plug..

#28 5 years ago
Quoted from V_piscopo:It makes it so much eaiser to look at stuff related to pinball when at work.

Ha, you are right, but ironically, after leaving my last job which supplied my cell phone,
I've been only on land line. I'm one of a few keeping phone books from being obsolete..
I do have a digital, but not as convenient..

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 12.00
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Mopar.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bally-aladdin-s-castle-over-the-top-counter-issue?tu=Mopar and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.