You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_20220711_163340945 (resized).jpg
#1 1 year ago

I have a 1976 Bally "Aladdin's Castle" pinball machine where, when you enter the maximum credits, the coil for the knocker in the center of the back box stays energized and I have to turn off the game.

Is there a switch that cuts power to the thing when you hit max credits? I don't see the knocker in the schematic. I would think the leaf switch that the credit wheel pin hits, normally closed, would open and cut power to the knocker?

https://www.ipdb.org/files/40/Bally_1976_Aladdin_s_Castle_Schematic_Diagram_continuous.pdf

IMG_20220711_163340945 (resized).jpgIMG_20220711_163340945 (resized).jpg

#2 1 year ago
Quoted from bayoubilly70:

when you enter the maximum credits, the coil for the knocker in the center of the back box stays energized and I have to turn off the game.

Have you checked the End-Of-Stroke switch on the Credit Unit stepup solenoid?

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#3 1 year ago

Thanks for the schematic picture. Is that the same switch I mentioned in the original post (not home now)?

#4 1 year ago

Looks like the switch at the bottom of your photo has the BLU-O wire. That switch looks closed.

#5 1 year ago

I would think the leaf switch that the credit wheel pin hits, normally closed, would open and cut power to the knocker?

Quoted from HowardR:

Have you checked the End-Of-Stroke switch on the Credit Unit stepup solenoid?
[quoted image]

Thanks for the schematic picture. Is that the same switch I mentioned in the original post (not home now)?

No, it's this switch:

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#6 1 year ago

That switch is definitely closed at max credits.

This seems like a physical thing, rather than electrical. The pins on the unit make it stop where it is and the switch is closed. Is there something that can be done to remedy this?

#7 1 year ago

The pins on the unit make it stop where it is and the switch is closed

Puzzling...the pins would seem to have nothing to do with the switch being open or closed. They would only influence the maximum or zero credit functions.

That switch isn't closed when the credit unit is at other than maximum credits? (Apparently not since the knocker coil only locks on at max credits.) Is it gapped very close at other than maximum credits? Try opening it up a little and see if the problem goes away.

#8 1 year ago

Every coin/credit you put in the machine the knocker goes off and that switch briefly closes. When you hit max credits, it stays closed and I need to shut the machine down as the knocker is stuck on.

#9 1 year ago

I think the whole 'credit limit switch' thing is wired wrong. Stay tuned...

#10 1 year ago

Yeah, it works fine now. The 'credit limit switch' was not doing its job, someone wired it wrong.

Thanks everyone!

#11 1 year ago

Yeah, it works fine now. The 'credit limit switch' was not doing its job, someone wired it wrong.
Thanks everyone!

That is one extremely loud knocker too. I had a similar issue and without the back door on, the knocker would make you jump when it went off. Glad you got it fixed.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
The Pinball Scientist

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bally-aladdin-s-castle-max-credits-knocker-stays-energized and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.