• Latest reply 5 years ago by GKW
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Capture (resized).PNG
#1 5 years ago

When I turn the game on, I get a chime. After I start a game, it immediately advances to ball 2 in play.
Additionally, if I score "same player shoots again," it is endless.
Lastly, the left pop bumper will not light and does not score points; is this what it's supposed to do, and if so, what makes it come on?

#2 5 years ago

Which chime is it? And check the make/breaks on the Alternating relay for your left pop problem.

Capture (resized).PNGCapture (resized).PNG
#3 5 years ago
Quoted from GKW:

When I turn the game on, I get a chime. After I start a game, it immediately advances to ball 2 in play.
Additionally, if I score "same player shoots again," it is endless.
Lastly, the left pop bumper will not light and does not score points; is this what it's supposed to do, and if so, what makes it come on?

I had this same issue along with many others....
If you restart a game with the ball in the plunger lane and it starts with ball #1, not advancing to ball #2, this is a pretty simple fix, as it turns out.
See my list of anomalies here:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/need-help-bally-air-aces-issues-anomalies
and here:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/air-aces-issues-anomalies-advice

If you are also experiencing any of these other issues, you have the same problem I had.
Take your glass off and check the gaps on all of your switch blades.
This is the spacing between the two tabs behind the rubbers.
You probably have one or more that are touching.
You will need to take off the plastics and check each one.
Start the game, and use a wooden stir stick or popsicle stick and create a gap between the blades.
Take screwdriver and hold the business end and use the handle as a pendulum and tap the rubber and see if each tap scores 10 points.
As you do this, note whether the pop bumpers alternate lighting, once you have all of the switchblade gaps set, your problems should be miraculously solved.
At least mine were.
Good Luck, Let us know if this works....

#4 5 years ago

Thanks for all of the advice. I will report back with findings. One more question. Are the chimes supposed to register when each switch is made, like the slings?

#5 5 years ago
Quoted from GKW:

Thanks for all of the advice. I will report back with findings. One more question. Are the chimes supposed to register when each switch is made, like the slings?

If it scores, it should chime.

#6 5 years ago

I checked all of the playfield switches and found one that was making contact, but that didn't fix anything. I checked all of the switches underneath the playfield, but didn't find a smoking gun. Additionally, now I have a new problem. There is a loud buzzing noise coming from the back box and I am currently trying to find out what is causing it and how to fix it. BTW, I checked all of the switches in the back box, but again, didn't find anything out of the ordinary.

#7 5 years ago

I just found out that the buzzing is coming from the player one 10 reel. Also, the chime that gets rung when I turn the game on is the shortest one.

#8 5 years ago

Begin by checking all switches on the playfield that score 10 points.. You have a switch closed or a short across the 10 point circuit.

#9 5 years ago

I didn't find the manual on IPDB, so I don't know which switches score 10 points. I did check every switch on top of the playfield and under it too, but I am getting older, so I may have missed something.

#10 5 years ago

All the switches behind the rubbers are 10 points. Except when you knock down the targets, those are 500 points.

#11 5 years ago

Update. It was a switch making contact. I didn't know that EMs acted like SS machines in this way! That one touching switch had quite a few things jacked up and now, like poof man, they are all gone! Thanks for all of the help!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 109.00
Playfield - Plastics
Starcade Amusement

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bally-air-aces-problems?hl=currieddog and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.