Topic Stats

• 24 posts
  • 5 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 84 days ago by heldereflippers
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 8 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

image (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpeg
15560620761738948526966779543594 (resized).jpg
DSCN8669 (resized).JPG
15557906438137064385255160947864 (resized).jpg
0Air-Aces-Work-02 (resized).jpg
15557811747581455602693837626880 (resized).jpg
Capture (resized).png

#1 89 days ago

Hello Pinsiders, I am having issues with my pin. It powers up, GI works after a left flipper press and the lock coil comes on. The coin counter does not register and the flippers do not work. I can add to the credit wheel manually and start a game with the reset coil but the flippers still do not work. If I start a game manually and I press the game start, the left flipper goes off. I checked continuity to the coin counter to the jones plug and all wires are fine. Cleaned/ checked the contacts on the pertinent coils. Disassembled the stepper in the back box and cleaned it because it was sluggish to advance and reset. Cleaned the wipers on the ball count and player count. Checked continuity on the game start switch and coin door tilt. I have a schematic, but I am a bit lost on how to go about the next step. Any help would be appreciated. There was a couple of wires on the coin box door that had the insulation damaged and I repaired it. Cheers

#2 88 days ago
Quoted from Geertsen:

The coin counter does not register and the flippers do not work.

Not quite sure what you mean by "coin counter." Do you get scores from the playfield?

#3 88 days ago

I mean the microswitch that registers the coins as they are deposited. This should add credits to the credit wheel but it does not.

#4 88 days ago

Yes I get scores from the playfield. Everything scores as it should

#5 88 days ago

Hi Geertsen
(hihi) I behave like currieddog - what does "I start a game (manually) by the Reset-Coil" means ? - do You manually move a plunger ? on what unit ? --- Does it means "manually activating the Reset-RELAY" ?
How about "manually activating the Coin-RELAY" ?
How about "manually activating the Credit-RELAY" ?

What does "If I start a game manually and I press the game start" means - is "game start" the credit-button near the front-door ?
What does "the left flipper goes off" means ? - Is the left flipper bat faulty constantly pulling and then releases ? Greetings Rolf

#6 88 days ago

Have you checked this resistor? and also that score motor sw.

Capture (resized).png

#7 88 days ago

Hi Rolf, when I mean start a game manually, I activate the reset relay. When I do that the score motor and reels reset but the flippers dont work. During this manually started game, if I hit the game start button on the coin door, the left flipper energizes. It doesn't lock on, but the game start button acts like a flipper button. When I manually start a game with the coin coil, I get the same result. When I start a manual game with any coil, the credit and lock coils are on

#8 88 days ago

I checked that resistor. It has continuity. But I'm not sure which switch to check on the score motor?

#9 88 days ago

Hi Geertsen
the game functions - the bumpers work - slingshots work - points are given - ONLY You cannot activate the flipper bats (?). Besides this problem You cannot start a game by pressing the Credit-Button.
In post-1 You write "There was a couple of wires on the coin box door that had the insulation damaged (how comes ?)" --- so the problem maybe is "faulty wiring in the plugs to door / up to the flipper buttons". I ask an owner of a functioning Air Aces to please help with an picture of this area.
Greetings Rolf

#10 88 days ago

Thanks rolf. The exposed wires were not the problem. I just noticed them and taped up the insulation. I tested all the coin door wires and they check out OK. As fas as the playfield, everything scores as it should with the slingshots, and bumpers.

15557811747581455602693837626880 (resized).jpg
#11 88 days ago

Hi Geertsen
see the JPG - I think of AC-Current much alike DC-Current. On top of the JPG is Powerside Connection to the transformer - on the bottom is Returnside Connection, common wire-yellow. In between are the coils and some switches. (encircled rosa / pink) Switch(es) may be in the powerside-connection - as an example the Game-Over-Relay-Switch cuts connection to flipperbats and more playfield stuff - we shall not actuate the flipperbats in "Game-Over". Many switches are in the returnside connection. See (my yellow lines): The left flipper button has direct connection to common wire-yellow --- ALSO the credit button switch has a connection to common wire-yellow. When You have a faulty connection (brown line, encircled orange): The closing of the Credit Button actuates the flipperbat (but) ONLY when the pin is not in Game-Over, when "encircled rosa / pink" is not open means is closed. You either must have help from a running Air Aces - or You must follow the wires from the Coin-Door / sides of the cabinet (especially flipperbutton and credit button) down to the Jones-Plug and further in the cabinet - WHERE do these wires run to in the cabinet --- and check with the schematics. Greetings Rolf

0Air-Aces-Work-02 (resized).jpg
#12 88 days ago
Quoted from Geertsen:

But I'm not sure which switch to check on the score motor?

1B

#13 88 days ago

1B normally closed

15557906438137064385255160947864 (resized).jpg
#15 88 days ago

I just cleaned it and it seats well

#16 87 days ago

Reference pic of the plumb bob area of a working Air Aces. Not sure if this helps, but sending anyway. If you need something else, ask.

DSCN8669 (resized).JPG
#17 85 days ago

Thanks fixittoplay. My credit microswitch problem is solved thanks to your pic. The jones plug for the second coin chute was not connected. But is still have the flipper problem as it still fires when I hit game start

#18 85 days ago

Hey Geertsen,
I looked at my Air aces and found out switchend THE jonesplugs can give Thijs effect. Look at THE foto of fixintoplay, THE plug on the richt hand Side is from the flippers 6 pins. The onze leeft of iT, is from the startbutton 10 or 12 pins. Of I put THE male 10 pins on THE flipper remake, Ican flipper with THE start button.
Best To make à foto of your plus and post it

#19 85 days ago

Can you post a pic of your scenario?

15560620761738948526966779543594 (resized).jpg
#20 84 days ago
image (resized).jpeg
#21 84 days ago

Hey Geertsen, if it was my pin I would do the following steps
1. Disconnect the two plugs, and controle the colours of the wires of the plug. maybe you have to unscrew the female part of the plug to have a better look at the connections.
2. If all the wirecolours are correct(female and male the same colour) bring the the pin in operational state
3. make a connection between the two lowest contacts of the small plug(between OrangeWhite and Yellow)
4. follow this for the other connections of the small plug and do the same for the big plug. On the second connection of the big plug you will find the credit button(WhiteOrange and BlueOrange)
If some functions don't work follow the wires.

#22 84 days ago
image (resized).jpeg
#23 84 days ago

Thanks for the tips Den. Orange/white and yellow were jumped and it activates the right flipper. Yellow and orange/black controls left flipper. Can you post a pic of your left flipper button wiring? I think Maye that is a problem. Thanks

#24 84 days ago

Hey Geertsen,
To repair your pin, it will be easier that you report about the measurements, not ask another photo. From that question I conclude that I am not the man to help you. I am out.
Success with your pin

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
€ 3.95
Flipper Parts
Multigame
1,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
San Mateo, CA
$ 399.95
$ 19.95
Apparel - Women
Pinball Wheezer
Various Other Swag
Third Coast Pinball
$ 11.95
$ 7.00
Electronics
APB Enterprises
$ 11.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods
$ 94.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 320.00
$ 159.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 37.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
$ 269.00
Cabinet - Other
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
£ 12.00
Cabinet - Decals
Sillyoldelf Mods
$ 45.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside