(Topic ID: 290146)

Bally 8 Ball No feature lamps, GI Lamps work

By FourteenGreg

3 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 3 years ago

Hi Folks!

First post on pinside. I just got into Pinball and am looking forward to working on my machines. I have some electronics skill but am trying to get better.
    The 8 ball seems to work fine except that the feature lights don't seem to work. The GI lights are all on and working. I tested the rectifier board test points and test point 1 was not right. I got lilke .017 and it's suppose to be 5.4 dc

I just thought I'd post about it here. This is as far as I've got in my trouble shooting and I'm still researching/reading about what to do next.

Thanks for any thoughts people have! happy to be here

#2 3 years ago

Hi. Check for AC at input to BR1 on the power supply. May be as easy as a blown fuse (F1) or a cold solder joint on a leg of the bridge rectifier.

#3 3 years ago

Weakest link in early Bally games are the connectors to the header pins. Do yourself a favor and get an assortment of .100 & .156 connectors and pins. Plus a good crimper. Do all the .156 of the rectifier. Great Plains Electronics has everything you'll need.

#4 3 years ago

Thanks nplg I checked BR1 and got a low AC at that point I checked the fuse for continuity and it seems good. The fuse is 10A 32volt. I need to stock up on some fuses so I don't have any new ones I can just drop in. I'm just going to replace all the fuses with new ones.

tomdrum Thank you very much! I will do that. Putting in an order right now for various parts I need.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bally-8-ball-no-feature-lamps-gi-lamps-work and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.