4 years ago

Topic Stats

• 10 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by Guzz4851
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Guzz4851.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 4 years ago

Are these caps only necessary if a switch isn’t registering? I know I’ve cut a few to make the switch work and I haven’t replaced any yet.

I have two switches that won’t register in Eight Ball Champ. Before I go cutting and replacing caps I wanted to ask if these caps have anything to do with a switch not registering? I’ve adjusted and cleaned the said switches with no luck. Even pushed the blades together and nothing. Seems there is continuity between them, my only thought is possibly the caps. Any info is appreciated. Thanks for your patience as I learn about these style games.

#3 4 years ago

Thanks Frunch.

The one switch was working fine then suddenly stopped. The other never worked. I’ll investigate more there. As long as I know it’s not the caps.
Would a failed diode cause a switch not to register?
Otherwise new switches may be needed. Funny as these two look fairly new like they have been replaced before.

#7 4 years ago

The switches are the standup E and I on the left side.
I will check wires as you said. If all else fails, I’ll try a new diode.

Once working I will replace the caps.

#9 4 years ago

Ok thanks. I have to figure out this keyboard thing and get to test mode.
I’ve been doing tests during game. Not too familiar with this era of game. Thanks for the suggestion.

#10 4 years ago

Ok so I did the switch test and sure enough they were reading closed. Cut one lug off cap and the switches worked!
I do see the need for the caps though...when hit quickly they didn’t register...only at medium to slow speeds.

Thanks everyone for the input!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 33.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 32.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Guzz4851.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bally-6803-switch-capacitors?tu=Guzz4851 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.