4 years ago

Topic Stats

• 10 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 84 days ago by Donman
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Capture (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dimperio620.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 4 years ago

I have been working on bringing a Bally Special Force pinball back from the dead. I have the game playing now but have one last obstacle. The button to get into the settings and that allows you to use the keypad isn't working. I have another Bally 6803 so I'm familiar with how this works and how to use the kep\ypad. I looked at the wiring and it looks good and I also replaced this button. I even cut the wires further back in the machine to verify that it wasn't the connector that all of the wires from the coin door use. My question is where do these two wires connect in the back box? Can I simply jimmy rig a switch out of the back box to access the setting menu. Has anyone done that? Does anyone have any other suggestions?

#4 4 years ago

I did some reading and I think if I pull J4 connector from the CPU that I will probably be able to get into the settings. I'm betting that something on the J4 connector is preventing me from being able to go into the settings. I will try this tonight and hopefully do a factory reset on the settings, set it to free play and set the number of balls to three. I will report back tonight.

#5 4 years ago

I was pretty confident that pulling J4 was going to allow me to use the button inside the door to access the settings. I was wrong. I did some bulletproofing and installed new diodes and capacitors on all of my targets that spell the word bomb. I have no switch errors anymore when the machine starts. The machine now plays as it should and seems to be playing correctly. My last problem still is that I can't use the button to change the settings to free play and three balls. I'm still not sure if it is a wire thing or possibly something wrong with the board

What would happen if I took this 6803 board and plugged it into another 6803 machine that I know the button works on? I basically just want to use the other machine to program the free play and 3 ball settings. What kind of problems would I have if I plugged the 6803 board with different game roms into another machine. I would disconnect j4. It sounds like a bad idea to me and that could possibly cause me some board problems. Anyone try this before?

#7 4 years ago

I replaced the switch with two different switches and still didn't work. I even inserted a switch past the coin door connector thinking that maybe the connector was the problem. I don't know where the wires for the coin door button go to in the head of the machine. What connector are they feeding into the cpu board on. I could at least test the wire from end to end. It would also help if knew that exact pins for this. The Special Force manuals online are too blury to read. Like I said the machine is working but would like to change those two settings.

#9 4 years ago

Thanks for information. I will look at that tonight.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dimperio620.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bally-6803-settings-problem?tu=dimperio620 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.