(Topic ID: 217779)

Bally 6803 playfield lighting issue...

By MoSeS_1592

5 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider MoSeS_1592.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 5 years ago

I have a Special Force and just recently the playfield "special" light in the left outlane and the "extra ball" light for the middle ramp went out. Both had brand new LED's placed in them just under 2 years ago. They did not go out at the same time if I remember correctly (although I could be wrong). I had asked about GI lights going out on 6803's a while back and it was suggested that I replace the sockets because the weld points fail. With both of these failed playfield lights I have replaced the socket diodes with known working ones and connected the bulbs (tried incandescent and LED's) directly to the strap and supply wire directly (through known good diodes) to entirely bypass the socket to make sure it is not a problem upstream. The lights still do not work. My obvious question here is what could the problem be? I know Williams machines from this era have row and column matrices that cause an entire group of lights to go out if a transistor goes bad, but I am very unfamiliar with Bally/6803 circuit design.

I also have a similar problem on my Escape From the Lost World pin (also 6803). One of the playfield score lights and one of the two "escape" lights is out for no apparent reason. I attributed this to a socket that suddenly went bad. I have not had time to test these (other than with known-working LED's).

Any help is appreciated. Thanks!

#3 5 years ago

Thank you!

#4 5 years ago

Just curious are there any other transistors that could be substituted for the 2N5060 (or 2N5064)? I happen to have on hand 2N5401, 2N5551, and 2N222A. I do not really know how these differ, just curious if they would work since I have them on hand.

Thanks.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 32.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 22.50
Magazines/books
Pinball Magazine

$ 36.95
$ 18.95
Machine - For Sale
Wichita, KS
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider MoSeS_1592.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bally-6803-playfield-lighting-issue?tu=MoSeS_1592 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.