Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

345890-l (resized).jpg
#1 6 years ago

Turn her on 9 flashes from the MPU, 6 from the sound board. Boots up can get credits. Push start.. nothing. Take off the apron and push the balls back in the trough to reset the switches and... Party. Party. Party Tilt! Push the balls back again .. Slam. Slam Ugh . Then she boots up again. Any and all help appreciated. Thanks.

#2 6 years ago

This is the 5th topic you've created recently, stick to 1 topic and it will be easier for us to help track your issues and progress.

Have you tried reseating the switch connectors on the MPU?

Have you tried doing a factory reset like I recommended in one of your previous threads?

#3 6 years ago

Thanks for the help. One of the first things I did when I received the new keypad was a factory reset . That was how I was able to get credits. When I reseated J3 I was able to use the credit button . But still goes to tilt before ejecting a ball. BTW I deleted the other posts after marking the problem solved or if none of the Bally experts answered. Forgive me for making too many posts but I am excited with all the progress I have made. A week ago I had a dead machine, today I am sooo close. Will limit future posts.

#4 6 years ago

No worries, I agree you are really close here to a working game.

When you try to start a game, you get absolutely no response when pressing the start button? Not even an error that all balls can't be found? If it was an issue with one of the trough switches it should make some noise and complain about not finding the balls. There could be a short in the wiring somewhere. The plumb bob tilt, roll tilt, and slam tilt switches all have CJ3-14 in common, with slam tilt returning on CJ3-5 and plumb bob+roll tilts returning on CJ3-4. Check for any obvious issues with these wires or trough switch wiring.

#5 6 years ago

It kind of sounds like you are getting a phantom switch closure. In other words one closed switch is activating another in the switch matrix. Maybe check the switches for diodes that are loose, broken or test bad. Those diodes are there to isolate the switches from each other.

#6 6 years ago

Thanks for the help. So I unscrewed all three of the trough switches and accidentally may have found something. When I activated the front two switches all was well, however when I activated the third one ... tilt tilt slam . Going to switch the switches and see what happens. Update to come.

#7 6 years ago

Well did not see that coming. Desoldered the second and third switches and switched them. Got the tilt ... Switch not bad , right ?Hold on , return to original switch and now 'missing 3 balls' lol maybe the switch is bad?

#8 6 years ago

Anyone know where to purchase the trough switches? The part number in the parts manual is 0017-00032-0123 , Switch: Micro; Low-torque . I don't know if it is still valid. Thanks.

#9 6 years ago
Quoted from dontknowsquat:

Anyone know where to purchase the trough switches? The part number in the parts manual is 0017-00032-0123 , Switch: Micro; Low-torque . I don't know if it is still valid. Thanks.

If it's the same as Strange Science they just use coin door switches in the trough. I used this one and it worked http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/12-CCS312 (OOS currently)

This should work, you'll just need to swap over your existing actuator wire: https://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=4367

You will need to add the diode

#10 6 years ago

Looks like I have a follower, this gmkalos guy likes to search for my posts and downvote them regardless of their content. Hi gmkalos!

#11 6 years ago

Thanks for the help. Regardless of what other experts like gmkalos say, I appreciate your help. On to the next problem. Only for those offering assistance. 2 locked coils. Top left saucer and the trough kicker. Both fire in startup then lock up. Currently have them disconnected. As always all HELP appreciated. Opinions NOT needed. Thanks

#12 6 years ago

Thanks for the help. Regardless of what other experts like gmkalos say, I appreciate your help. On to the next problem. Only for those offering assistance. 2 locked coils. Top left saucer and the trough kicker. Both fire in startup then lock up. Currently have them disconnected. As always all HELP appreciated. Opinions NOT needed. Thanks

Could be bad transistors that have shorted on, test transistors Q15 and Q39. These can be replaced with more the robust and readily available TIP102 if needed.

#13 6 years ago
Quoted from snakesnsparklers:

Looks like I have a follower, this gmkalos guy likes to search for my posts and downvote them regardless of their content. Hi gmkalos!

345890-l (resized).jpg345890-l (resized).jpg

#14 6 years ago

Thanks for the help . Just realized something which at first I thought wasn't related may actually be key. When she first boots the display reads: toad, mushroom, right out lane , tune 3. When I had the trough switch disconnected and she booted up she only read left cabinet which was expected since I have the lower left flipper button disconnected . Think your ghost closed switch theory may be on to something. When replacing the diodes on the trough switches can I use a 4007 ?

#15 6 years ago

When replacing the diodes on the trough switches can I use a 4007 ?

Yes these are a higher rated diode and the only ones I buy.

#16 6 years ago

Well finally able to run switch test says all switches are closed. Changed all 3 diodes on the trough switches, no change. Any ideas?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Westminster, MA
$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 15.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 22.50
Magazines/books
Pinball Magazine

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bally-6803-party-animal-help-neede?hl=mikat11 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.