(Topic ID: 141604)

Bally 6803 (Motordome) won't boot...

By MoSeS_1592

8 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider MoSeS_1592.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 8 years ago

My friend has a Motordome (Bally, 6803) that suddenly stopped working. Fuses have all been checked and are working. When the machine is turned on, all of the GI lights turn on properly. The green MPU bootup LED flashes three times fast, pauses for 1 second, then flashes 5 more times quickly. During this time three of the playfield lights are on, then eventually go off, and from that point its frozen.

Here is what is strange… after turning the machine on and off several times, one of the times the game was turned on and left to sit for a few minutes, I heard a (what I think was the coin-mech coil, or maybe a relay) click, and it suddenly fired up properly and worked. I turned it off and back on and it fired up just fine, and again I could hear the coil/relay click before the machine came to life. I was able to play about 5 games and then after my last game was completed the machine locked up again in the same fashion as before. As of now it does not function. It seems to hang right before I expect to hear that "click" that brings it to life.

Has anyone encountered this behavior from a 6803 game before? Could there be a quick easy fix, something obvious, perhaps a common problem that has been addressed before?

#5 8 years ago

Not to sound like an idiot, but what exactly is zero crossing? I found out yesterday that this problem initially happened when my friend tried replacing the dead fluorescent bulb and starter in the backbox. I figure that this is probably a fluke coincidence since the wiring of the backbox light is on its own isolated circuit/fuse wired directly to the main transformer (on his machine, anyways) and independent of everything else. Obviously we tried pulling the starter and bulb but that didn't fix it.

1 month later
#7 8 years ago

For anyone interested, the problem ended up being the pot on the power supply board. As was the case with the pot on the sound board initially (no sound), just had to rotate it back and forth a few times to re-establish the contact and the game fired right up.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
1,600 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Queen Creek, AZ
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley
Pinball Machine
$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist
Protection
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Ashland, KY

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider MoSeS_1592.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bally-6803-motordome-wont-boot?tu=MoSeS_1592 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.