Topic Stats

• 9 posts
  • 5 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by acebathound
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 1 year ago

I ordered in a small run of Bally 6803 Keypad boards. These are to replace the original Bally 6803 keypad.

Available as a DIY Kit or Fully Assembled

Limited boards right now, but will order some more if these sell out.

6803keypad (resized).jpg

Several improvements over the original and/or other replacements:

• One piece PCB design.
  • Built-in keyhole
  • Momentary buttons that will work much better than the aged/failing original keypad buttons.
  • Stand-off holes with optional plastic stand-offs included (keeps solder points off playfield glass)
  • Main diagnostic switch test numbers referenced on the silkscreen.
  • Rounded corners on the PCB to eliminate sharp edges from poking your hand.

Will work with the following games:
Beat The Clock, Black Belt, City Slicker, Dungeons & Dragons, Eight Ball Champ, Hardbody, Heavy Metal Meltdown, Lady Luck, Motordome, Party Animal, Special Force, Strange Science

Available @ http://www.pinitech.com/products/bally6803_keypad.php

---
http://www.pinitech.com - "Pinball Inspired Technology"
NVRAM, kits, upgrades and test equipment for pinball machines

#2 1 year ago

Any idea if this would work on Truckstop?

Edit: answered on your Web page (no as there is /was no keypad on BBTS)

#3 1 year ago
Quoted from MT45:

Any idea if this would work on Truckstop?
Edit: answered on your Web page (no as there is /was no keypad on BBTS)

Right, the keypad seems to have been dropped after Dungeons & Dragons (1987). The last 4 games produced on the Bally 6803 architecture did not utilize the keypad (Atlantis, Blackwater 100, Escape From The Lost World, Truckstop). If anyone finds this is incorrect, let me know

#4 1 year ago

Someone with a Blackwater 100 was looking for a keypad recently... so I assume it had one?

#5 1 year ago
Quoted from Clnilsen:

Someone with a Blackwater 100 was looking for a keypad recently... so I assume it had one?

From info I've seen posted, Blackwater 100 wouldn't have used a keypad.

It's confusing when you're used to seeing keypads in the Bally 6803 games. I'm sure enough people that have purchased those last 4 titles figured the keypad was missing and went looking for one.

Question for someone with Atlantis, Blackwater 100, Escape From The Lost World or Truckstop..
Did they leave the extra wire harness / connector for the keypad in the game?

I could see them doing that if they already had tons of wire harnesses made up for earlier games. That would definitely add to the confusion.

2 weeks later
#6 1 year ago
Quoted from acebathound:

Question for someone with Atlantis, Blackwater 100, Escape From The Lost World or Truckstop..
Did they leave the extra wire harness / connector for the keypad in the game?

Would it just be a connector that plugs into the end of your board? I will ask my friend with LW. Is wiring the only difference? The hardware is otherwise compatible between the two systems?

What would happen if you used a ROM for a keypad system in the non-keypad system? Would you have any access to config / diagnostics at all?

#7 1 year ago

No harness on LW for the keypad

#8 1 year ago

^^ Just beat me to it...

1 week later
#9 1 year ago
Quoted from HighVoltage:

What would happen if you used a ROM for a keypad system in the non-keypad system? Would you have any access to config / diagnostics at all?

Not sure as I don't have a keypad versus non-keypad 6803 game to compare.

I'd imagine the game ROMs for the games that required a keypad would not allow you to change or advance through settings without the keypad. And the few games not requiring the keypad probably don't have code setup to look for keypad input.

Quoted from Mbecker:

No harness on LW for the keypad

Good to know! Thanks!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Electronics
Third Coast Pinball
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Massillon, OH
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Newfield, NJ
1,450 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Topeka, KS
$ 16.00
Tools
PinballSolutions.eu

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside