4 years ago

Topic Stats

• 3 posts
  • 2 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by markb
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider markb.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 4 years ago

Hi all,

I'm just getting back in to a restoration project that's been on the back burner for a few years.

The main control board was in a sorry state and would not boot, I had someone sort it out for me any they got it to the stage where is would boot ok (right number of flashes of the green led)

When I put the board back in to my machine it still would not boot.... Sadly at this time my life took a little turn for the worse and I had to put the project on hold for a while. Anyway to cut a long story short I'm now back working on it.

When I switch the machine on sometimes the green led flickers, sometimes stays on, but refuses to boot. Even if I disconnect everything except for the power in I still get the same problem.

I have checked the voltage test points with my multimeter and are getting the following readings

TP1, Should be 5V, Reading is 5.12V
TP3, Should be 14V, Reading is 16.91V <----- Would this cause the board not to boot?

Many thanks

Mark

#3 4 years ago

Thanks for that. I'll good through the guide when I get a spare few hours.

BTW I've just taken voltage readings from my Strange Science 6803 game and TP3 was higher at 17.3 volts so this can't be the problem!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 3.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

2,700 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Hamilton, OH
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Asheville, NC
$ 32.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider markb.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bally-6803-hmm-refuses-to-boot?tu=markb and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.