(Topic ID: 150510)

bally 6803 (HMM) lost sound after removing battery from board...

By cosmokramer

8 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

#1 8 years ago

I have a Heavy Metal Meltdown that i just cut off the NiCd battery from the 6803 board...after cutting off battery there is no sound or music with the exception of an occasional cymbal clash... I then installed a remote battery pack and I know it is working because it holds settings after powering off but still no sound...everything worked ok before battery removal

Sounds work ok in test

#2 8 years ago

Did you do a factory reset after changing the battery? Power loss results in crazy values being stored in the audits. Do a factory reset and specifically check the values in the sound settings afterwards.

When you say sound test works fine, do you mean a sound test triggered by a button on the sound board or the one from the audits menu (not familiar with HMM or which sound board it has), if the former, suspect MPU IDC connectors (if factory reset followed by making certain correct values are stored in the sound settings doesn't help).

#3 8 years ago

I hear a guitar rift when i press the button on sound board...i will check settings, this is my first 6803 machine so im not to familiar...the keypad used to interact with the machine is in bad shape and taped together and is somewhat tempermental to use as it seems as some of the buttons stick....
I will check settings when I get home and report back

#4 8 years ago

Factory reset = 65, then reboot again and set sound = 3. Welcome to the crazy world of 6803 keypad madness

#5 8 years ago
Quoted from eh97ac:

Factory reset = 65, then reboot again and set sound = 3. Welcome to the crazy world of 6803 keypad madness

thanks, that did the trick...this keypad system takes a bit getting used to

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

2,700 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Hamilton, OH
$ 32.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bally-6803-hmm-lost-sound-after-removing-battery-from-board and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.