Topic Stats

• 7 posts
  • 5 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by G-P-E
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 5 years ago

I am having a problem with my Party Animal and have been advised to re-pin the connectors to the MPU, but don't know which sizes to order. There are 2 sizes on the board , little and really little. I need to know which ones, and how many of each. Asked Ed at GPE but he doesn't have the specs. Pretty sure he has the connectors tho. Thanks.

#2 5 years ago
Quoted from dontknowsquat:

I am having a problem with my Party Animal and have been advised to re-pin the connectors to the MPU, but don't know which sizes to order. There are 2 sizes on the board , little and really little. I need to know which ones, and how many of each. Asked Ed at GPE but he doesn't have the specs. Pretty sure he has the connectors tho. Thanks.

The smaller pins for the switch and lamp connectors are .100 and the larger pins for the power connections are .156

Ed definitely has everything you need. You probably don't need to re-pin every connector to the MPU, just focus on where the problems are. If you are having random switch issues then just repin those, display issues repin those, etc.

#3 5 years ago

0.100" and 0.156" is the connector sizes but do not replace the male posts unless you have to.

The a have no wafer bottom so to hold them in place until soldering they are basically wedged into the PCB. Makes it very difficult to replace.

Applies to any bally board with the press fit headers including the exploding cheap squeaker.

#5 5 years ago

You can absolutely do this, it's just difficult removing the original header pins.

#6 5 years ago

Yes normal wafer headers work if you can manage to get the original wedged in posts without tearing out the plated holes.

I like to think i am very good at solder rework and those press fit headers cause a headache. Unless they are in bad shape id say just leave it.

#7 5 years ago
Quoted from dontknowsquat:

Asked Ed at GPE but he doesn't have the specs. Pretty sure he has the connectors tho. Thanks.

Yep - I know the types but not the sizes (pin counts) for that board style.

Ed

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Westminster, MA
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 15.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 22.50
Magazines/books
Pinball Magazine

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bally-6803-connectors and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.