Motordome 3.jpg
Motordome 2.jpg
Motordome 1.jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_6059.jpeg
IMG_6060.jpeg
IMG_9507-ezgif.com-video-to-gif-converter.gif
DEF92BED-18C5-4A51-8EF5-FCD9C5EBC676 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider skyking2301.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#20 5 years ago

Good timing, as I'm currently in the (slow) process of refurbishing a Black Belt. This thing was disgustingly dirty and had a handful of problems when I got it. Slowly but surely making progress when I have the time, but I'll hit you guys up when I inevitably run into issues.

Btw, I HATE these bulb sockets. No apparent easy way to get to the bulbs (since the sockets' common wire is tight to the playfield and the solder would get broken off it I backed out the screws), so I've had to just bend each socket arm back (very tight access in some places). Then, the sockets themselves are ridiculously tight, hard to get the old bulbs out and new bulbs in. My fingers were practically blistered by the end of the night after replacing all the bulbs under the playfield.

#22 5 years ago
Quoted from newbieinKC:

Ya, bending back the lamps is sometimes the best way. Several of the hex screw heads were soldered to the mounts on my machine. I figure if I break the mount, I have the same amount of solder work either way. Not the best quality workmanship, which was a real problem in most US industries back in the 80's...

Well, I'm glad I didn't miss some other easier option. My fingers still hurt, lol...

11 months later
#140 4 years ago
Quoted from oldskooler:

I'd like to join 6803 squadron. Just picked up a blackbelt (#491 of 600).
Anyone got a spare mpu??!. Yeah I know.
Jaime[quoted image]

Nice! I got one too, a little over a year ago. I've had way less time to work on it than I'd expected, so it's still in Project status. (Stripped PF, cleaned everything, and & replaced all bulbs... but that's as far as I've gotten so far...)

2 months later
#211 4 years ago
Quoted from Kawydud:

Finished up installing led bulbs in Blackwater. This has to be the absolute worst game to change out bulbs so far. Don't know how the guys worked on these when on route. Probably didn't the way the bulbs were all bad. Looks nicer now.[quoted image]

Same with my Black Belt... looks great with LEDs in it, but holy moley what a pain to change them out...

1 month later
#219 3 years ago

Burned some serious midnight oil tonight, and FINALLY getting Black Belt put back together after I'd stripped it down forever ago. (Seriously, it was December 2018 when I tore it down.) Sure, somewhere in there I gave it the cleaning and waxing and repairs it desperately needed ... and rebuilt the flippers ... but then it sat and sat waiting for the PF rebuild. Got the whole lower level put back together tonight; tomorrow (hopefully) the ramp & plastics! Once it's reassembled, then i have a connector harness to repin, a transistor to replace, and then I can bug you for help exorcising its last few demons.
20200502_041621 (resized).jpg20200502_041621 (resized).jpg

#221 3 years ago

Hey fellow 6803ers ... I finally finished getting my Black Belt back together so I'm ready to start on the technical stuff, but it's already throwing me curve balls... particularly that little cube Solenoid Expander relay under the PF (at least, I think that's part of the problem)... please see new thread at https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/1986-black-belt-karate-fight-relay-lights-gone-wild-

Thanks!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
3,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Springfield, MO
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
1,600 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Queen Creek, AZ
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.
Sound/Speakers
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
€ 8.00
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley
Pinball Machine
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
$ 45.00
Tools
PinballSolutions.eu
Tools

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider skyking2301.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bally-6803-club-all-welcome?tu=skyking2301 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.