IMG_0676 (resized).JPG
pasted_image (resized).png
Motordome 3.jpg
Motordome 2.jpg
Motordome 1.jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_6059.jpeg
IMG_6060.jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinballrusch.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#145 4 years ago

Hello all. I purchased a non-working Strange Science last week that had not been used (or cleaned) in some time. Would estimate 5 years of filth). It may be the dirtiest pin I’ve personally seen. The GI works (the bulbs not burned out... which is about half) but it will not start a game. I’ve already stripped the playfield and need to do a lot of cleaning, adjusting, and parts ordering.

This keypad that hangs next to the launcher inside the coin door seems to potentially hold the key to getting this game going. I downloaded the parts manual and the tech manual, but can’t seem to find any information on how to actually use the thing. The tech manual PDF is actually missing some pages this keypad is said to be discussed.
Does anybody have a good pdf or link they could provide me so I can try to educate myself on how to use this? I’ve only found little tidbits on pinside and was hoping this specific community could maybe help give me some help in the right direction.

The owner said the keypad was how they got it on freeplay but mice literally ate the corner of the manual he had hand written the necessary codes.

When the machine is turned on the neon topper turns on quick then shuts off, The digital display says “1-4 can play on the left displays and something else on the right displays (maybe insert coins)?? Can’t recall.

The coin door has no mechs but does have the wired switches, but those switches will not add a credit and I’m not even sure if the keypad is functional because apparently these things were manufactured somewhere between here and hell.

Would love to read up on this while I’m doing the basics of rebuilding the playfield.

Thank you all!

6D356B10-AF4A-41C8-88CD-2F07F7E1E1F0 (resized).jpeg6D356B10-AF4A-41C8-88CD-2F07F7E1E1F0 (resized).jpeg
#147 4 years ago

I’ll give this a look through. Thank you for the direction!

#151 4 years ago
Quoted from woody76:

its a fun game. Rebuild the lower flippers first thing.

I’ve read that in several spots that this game is horrible for flippers. Complete flipper assemblies (with coils) are planned.

#152 4 years ago

the link provided didn’t take me to a usable location. Any change you could try again? Though I went to the “IPDB” site For the copy I have with the missing pages. Humm...

#156 4 years ago
Quoted from jcar302:

Is there some kind of generic bally 6803 book that details all the parts used in all the bally machines of this era?
I'm struggling to find part numbers to order simple things, like coil stops and playfield parts.

I’m struggling with this too. I have the parts book, but they list “13-digit” part numbers for everything and none of those numbers come up in the online parts stores like Planetry, Pinball life, Marco, etc. Is there a conversation I need to do or only search on specific digits? Most parts I’m looking for I think are pretty common; flipper rebuild, switches, and ball guides. What are you experienced guys doing with these long 13 digit hyphenated Bally parts book numbers?

#159 4 years ago
Quoted from jlbintn:

You might try googling those part numbers, maybe adding pinball or Bally or whatever before the part number. I have found that for sites like Marco, it's best to search by game and see what you get.

I searched Google with Bally and the 13 digit part number. I was pleasantly surprised how many items came up! Only thing I couldn’t find was a wire form ball guide (glorified super thick staple) and I think I’ll just make one and have it powder coated with my other parts from the game.
Thanks for the tip! I would have never thought Google would find these numbers on the same pin parts sites where I already used their search. These same parts also were not cataloged against “game specific” category... so Google to the rescue once again!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Asheville, NC
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

1,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Lake Charles, LA
$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

2,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Pelzer, SC
$ 8.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Trade
Machine - For Trade
New Cumberland, PA
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 19.00
Tools
PinballSolutions.eu

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 9.00
Cabinet Parts
Third Coast Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinballrusch.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bally-6803-club-all-welcome?tu=pinballrusch and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.