IMG_0676 (resized).JPG
pasted_image (resized).png
Motordome 3.jpg
Motordome 2.jpg
Motordome 1.jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_6059.jpeg
IMG_6060.jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider moses_1592.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#672 1 year ago

Hey guys,

I have an Escape From the Lost World and want to swap out the left flipper coil for something less powerful. I still have the stock yellow "A 24-570 / 34-3600" and it has way too much power even with the EOS switch adjusted as much as possible. A coil with literally half the power would be adequate since there are no ramps and all targets are in the middle 3rd of the playfield. Which coil number (or sleeve color) should I consider?

Thanks!

11 months later
#825 3 months ago

My three left flashers went out recently on my Special Force. According to the manual they are all on the "Bright 1" solenoid driver. I believe it is Q15 but my manual copy is so blury I can't tell for sure and cannot find Q15 on the manual mpu board diagram (again because it is so blury). Can someone confirm that it is Q15 (flasher circuit for flasher under left helicopter ramp saucer) and the location of this transistor on the mpu board? I haven't worked on bally in a long time. This is a common TIP102/TIP120, correct? Thanks!

20240119_224638 (resized).jpg20240119_224638 (resized).jpg
#827 3 months ago
Quoted from Inkochnito:

Yes, Q15 confirmed.
Here is a link to my Tech Chart for Special Force.
https://www.pinballrebel.com/pinball/cards/Tech_Charts/Bally_Special_Force_Tech_Chart.pdf
A TIP102 can be used for Q15.
Q15 is exactly the middle transistor of the complete row of transistors at the top of the board.
Just under connector J8 pin 7.
A better MPU copy is attached in this posting.
Peter
http://www.inkochnito.nl
If you like my work, please send me a donation.
[quoted image]

Thank you!

#828 3 months ago
Quoted from Inkochnito:

Yes, Q15 confirmed.
Here is a link to my Tech Chart for Special Force.
https://www.pinballrebel.com/pinball/cards/Tech_Charts/Bally_Special_Force_Tech_Chart.pdf
A TIP102 can be used for Q15.
Q15 is exactly the middle transistor of the complete row of transistors at the top of the board.
Just under connector J8 pin 7.
A better MPU copy is attached in this posting.
Peter
http://www.inkochnito.nl
If you like my work, please send me a donation.
[quoted image]

I replaced Q15 and it's corresponding 1N4004 but that did not fix the problem. All three "Bright 1" flashers are still out. Are these run serial such that if one flasher led bulb is out the entire circuit fails? Anything else I should try?

#829 3 months ago

And not to sound stupid but is there a fuse identification diagram somewhere for these power supply boards? I can't seem to find one in the manual.

#830 3 months ago

I figured it out. Apparently they are in serial and there was a loose connection in one of the Flasher bulbs. Moving the lead in the flasher bulb and reinserting it into the socket fixed the problem.

On a side note I never knew that this machine had a knocker solenoid until I was digging around looking for a solution to this problem I came across it.. Mine never worked. All of the solenoid circuits seem to work but I've never heard the knocker activate and never saw a setting to disable it in the adjustments. I checked the fuse for it and the ceramic resistor under the Playfield and they both check out fine.

#833 3 months ago
Quoted from Inkochnito:

The ceramic resistor and the adjoining fuse is for the bright lights only.
Now you've found the bright lights fuse.
I assume the "kicker to playfield" works, otherwise you would get no ball for the shooter.
There has to be a connection between the two coils.
They are both activated by Q40, just switched via the solenoid expander.
Check the resistance of the knocker coil with the power off.
Should be around 3 to 4 ohm.
Check the diode on the coil.
One should measure 0.5 in diode setting.
The other one is paralel with the coil and should give you a short (3 ohm) reading.
Check the power at the coil, 43V should be present when powered on.

I will check and report back. Thank you so much for the help.

#834 3 months ago

Well apparently the knocker coil works. I can activate it in the self test mode but I don't think I've ever heard it knock during a game. I assume the knocker events are the same for all 6803 games (special, high score, extra ball)? I didn't see any adjustment setting to enable/disable the knocker. Hmmm.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 9.00
Cabinet Parts
Third Coast Pinball

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 18.95
2,700 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Hamilton, OH
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

2,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Pelzer, SC
Machine - For Sale
Wichita, KS
$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 15.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 100.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 19.00
Tools
PinballSolutions.eu

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Asheville, NC
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider moses_1592.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bally-6803-club-all-welcome?tu=moses_1592 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.