IMG_0676 (resized).JPG
pasted_image (resized).png
Motordome 3.jpg
Motordome 2.jpg
Motordome 1.jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_6059.jpeg
IMG_6060.jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider buffaloatx.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#194 4 years ago

Could someone here tell me what the component on X1 of a cheap squeak board is? I've googled the part number on it but nothing pops up at all, the schematics I've found seem to say 3.58 MHZ(I think the scans I found are pretty rough...) but that's all I could find.
Thanks!

#196 4 years ago

Thanks Quench This board has always had some issues with "scratchy" sound and sound that dropped out from time to time, most of which I contributed to the POT being "bad".
But the other day all sound stopped, usually I could wiggle the POT and it would come back, but not this time.
The more I looked at the board the more potential problems I saw, including the crystal that somehow pulled its self out of it's through hole, and looks like it may have taken it out with the leg.
I was hoping this would be a quick deal, but now I'm not so sure.

Cheap 1 (resized).jpegCheap 1 (resized).jpegCheap 2 (resized).jpegCheap 2 (resized).jpegCheap 3 (resized).jpegCheap 3 (resized).jpeg
#198 4 years ago

The leg is still attached to the crystal, I was worried that the trough hole was pulled out and that it may have been damaged when it broke loose and was vibrating around touching things is probably shouldn't touch.

The sound issues have been there since I bought the game (in a non working state years ago, I just never tried to fix it since it mostly worked, most of the time) The burnt up stuff was also there when I bought it, and was repaired at some point by someone.

I took the pot off the board and am looking for a new one, I know its a 1k ohm trim pot, any idea what wattage I should use? I've seen from .5 watt to 2 watt.

#201 4 years ago

Thanks Quench continuity is intact throughout the circuit and from top to bottom of the board.
I'm going to put the crystal back in, and order a new LM3900N and TDA2002V along with the trimmer pot, I probably don't need them now, but since I have to pay shipping I might as well cover my bases.

1 week later
#206 4 years ago

Quench resoldered the crystal, replaced the trim pot, and the 2002 Op Amp, and reflowed the LM3900N.
And I've got sound, really good sound(for Spy Hunter anyway).
As always, thanks again for your help! If you are ever in Austin let me know.

#209 4 years ago
Quoted from jlbintn:

If that's the only time I hear some scratching in the sound, I'm not going to worry about it. I'm sure there will be enough issues to deal with going into the future anyway

Yeah, I got a buddy that has a nice D&D, but it pitches serious fits all the time... Hopefully you will have better luck then him!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 15.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

Electronics
Third Coast Pinball

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

1,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Lake Charles, LA
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 100.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
Wichita, KS
$ 19.00
Tools
PinballSolutions.eu

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Asheville, NC
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Westminster, MA
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider buffaloatx.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bally-6803-club-all-welcome?tu=buffaloatx and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.