Motordome 3.jpg
Motordome 2.jpg
Motordome 1.jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_6059.jpeg
IMG_6060.jpeg
IMG_9507-ezgif.com-video-to-gif-converter.gif
DEF92BED-18C5-4A51-8EF5-FCD9C5EBC676 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider brettv.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#26 5 years ago

Just got my second 6803 a hardbody and I love it. If u get past the back glass so fun but also fast. Also have a Party Animal and there is a Special Forces I am looking at (really liked it when I tried it). Have heard bad things about the 6803 system but so far no problems for me (knock on wood). The Special Force is a little more then it should be but looks great, almost bought but guy talked me out of it by saying how much of a hassle they can be. So i guess my question is do they just get a bad rap or can i have more problems with them then others (my 2 80s williams actually drive me nuts, blown fuses all the time). I mean they are priced great and just as much fun I think.

15499203064891330040579 (resized).jpg15499203064891330040579 (resized).jpg15499203595481362197553 (resized).jpg15499203595481362197553 (resized).jpg
2 years later
#374 3 years ago

Had this problem on a data east pinball machine my wires were not soldered good, restripped them and soldered good fixed the issue

Quoted from V8haha:

So that’s the strange part. It doesn’t lock up when powering on.
I can play a game everything works then all of a sudden you look up and the top flipper is locked on. I power off immediately. Coil can’t be locked on for more then 15 seconds. Although it’s enough that it melts the coil sleeve.
I take off the glass move the flipper down by hand and it moves back. Turn the game on and the flipper doesn’t lock on or do anything strange. It stays down i try to flip with buttons and it will jump slightly but not all the way because of the melted coil sleeve stopping movement
Thinking about it now maybe when i start a game the coil gets hotter and hotter with each flip and eventually gets hot enough to melt the coil stop and hold the flipper in the up position not electronically but the melted coil stop not allowing free movement.
If that’s the case maybe it’s not locking but just over heating over time. Maybe that bad cap is sending constant voltage.
I can try to remove the old coil sleeve and cut off the cap and see how it works.
I only have 1 more new coil so i want to try to find the issue before messing up the last coil i have.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
2,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Pelzer, SC
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Westminster, MA
2,700 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Hamilton, OH
$ 15.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Ashland, KY
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 100.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 36.95
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 22.50
Magazines/books
Pinball Magazine

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider brettv.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bally-6803-club-all-welcome?tu=brettv and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.