IMG_0676 (resized).JPG
pasted_image (resized).png
Motordome 3.jpg
Motordome 2.jpg
Motordome 1.jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_6059.jpeg
IMG_6060.jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider V8haha.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#365 3 years ago

My upper flipper on strange science was fine then stuck on during game play play.

Coil was super hot melted coil sleeve

Checked all EOS switches all looked good.

Replaced with a new coil worked fine for 1 day then same thing.

What could be causing the coil to lock on? Board issue?

#367 3 years ago
Quoted from Inkochnito:

No board issue, not possible.
It is just a relay on the board.
It has to be a wiring or switch problem.
Be sure the coil is wired correctly and the EOS opens when needed.
Does the EOS have a capacitor?
Maybe the cap is shorted internaly.[quoted image]

The EOS does have a capacitor.

Can it be ran without?
(Sorry I’m new to 6803 and still learning i had a roll over switch capacitor go bad. i cut it off and the switch has been working fine ever since.)

I ordered capacitors for this game but i received very very small ones to small for the switched however it was the same part number.

Anyone know a good site to buy the correct capacitors? I’ve tried looking them up on pinball life and Marco with no luck.

#371 3 years ago
Quoted from Rossc:

How about un update, whats happening, does the coil lock on still? on powerup or only when starting a game? cut 1 leg of the Cap make any difference? Check the diodes? a bad 1 can cause a lockon, A photo closeup showing flipper and EOS might help reveal (local short) the problem

So that’s the strange part. It doesn’t lock up when powering on.

I can play a game everything works then all of a sudden you look up and the top flipper is locked on. I power off immediately. Coil can’t be locked on for more then 15 seconds. Although it’s enough that it melts the coil sleeve.

I take off the glass move the flipper down by hand and it moves back. Turn the game on and the flipper doesn’t lock on or do anything strange. It stays down i try to flip with buttons and it will jump slightly but not all the way because of the melted coil sleeve stopping movement

Thinking about it now maybe when i start a game the coil gets hotter and hotter with each flip and eventually gets hot enough to melt the coil stop and hold the flipper in the up position not electronically but the melted coil stop not allowing free movement.

If that’s the case maybe it’s not locking but just over heating over time. Maybe that bad cap is sending constant voltage.

I can try to remove the old coil sleeve and cut off the cap and see how it works.

I only have 1 more new coil so i want to try to find the issue before messing up the last coil i have.

#382 3 years ago
Quoted from Rossc:

did u change the diodes when u changed the coil? check the flipper switch with machine turned off, press button on both sides compare them look for obvious gap differences sounds like solenoid not going to hold, be something simple for sure

The new coil came with new diodes

I checked all the switches and EOS switches I’m guessing it must be that cap I’m going to cut it off and see if i have any luck.

Thanks

#388 3 years ago

I must come clean! I believe the flipper wiring was incorrect.

I purchased the game from a well known operator and thought there was no way the wiring was incorrect however it was. I also replaced the EOS switch with a new switch and i cut the capacitor on the EOS.

I’ll attach a photo of how it was wired before.
Game seems to be good now.

On to the next issue

I noticed that with these 6803 games seem to have sticky flippers at times. The nylon sleeve is new along with the coil sleeve and spring however i still get the flipper to stick in the up position at times. Anyone have a good fix for this? The plastic bushing looks to be in good shape as well.

1BA26953-81FE-4762-843B-5FBDC5AB1A37 (resized).jpeg1BA26953-81FE-4762-843B-5FBDC5AB1A37 (resized).jpeg
#390 3 years ago
Quoted from Jason43:

Is the flipper dragging on the playfield?

No not dragging.

I did swap to the newer style Williams flipper bats but still using the 6803 plungers and such.

Game will eventually make it on route so want to use the newer style flipper bats.

#392 3 years ago
Quoted from Rossc:

The plunger ends mushroom after years of hitting the backstop, file or polish out the burr

Plunger and coil stop looked great however i did notice this small bur.

I replaced with a new plunger we will see if it fixes the issue.

Thank you for all your help!

51B47105-7784-4619-97A6-2EF06006E930 (resized).png51B47105-7784-4619-97A6-2EF06006E930 (resized).png
3 months later
#431 2 years ago

My strange science upper flipper stopped working today. Games on location so i was t able to dive into it. Other flippers work great any idea what it could be?

Does the upper flipper run it’s own fuse?

#434 2 years ago

Easy fix it was a wire that came loose from the coil. Thank you for your help i knew i had a short time window to fix it and was wondering if there was something else crazy about these systems i didn’t know. Appreciate it!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Westminster, MA
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Asheville, NC
$ 15.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

Electronics
Third Coast Pinball

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 55.00
Displays
PinballSolutions.eu

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

1,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Lake Charles, LA
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 22.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

2,700 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Hamilton, OH
$ 100.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider V8haha.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bally-6803-club-all-welcome?tu=V8haha and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.