IMG_0676 (resized).JPG
pasted_image (resized).png
Motordome 3.jpg
Motordome 2.jpg
Motordome 1.jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_6059.jpeg
IMG_6060.jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider JiePieWie.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#85 4 years ago

Hello to all! Last weekend I bought a 6803: Dungeon & Dragons which has been in a cellar for more than 16 years. No topper unfortunately but it still works

I do have one question: how do I remove the backbox so I can transport this machine? Anybody has some guide/step-by-step instructions how to get this machine ready for transportation? Any other tips what to take into account before moving?

#87 4 years ago
Quoted from Isochronic_Frost:

I believe the head should be on hinges, so you can just hinge it down. Put cardboard across the playfield glass to protect the side rails from being dented by the head swinging down on them.

That's what I was expecting to happen but it wouldn't budge. It seems the backbox is secured by bolts or so but it is unclear which bolts and where. I read somewhere else that I should remove the backglass to get access to these bolts but I need some confirmation before hand.

#89 4 years ago
Quoted from Atari_Daze:

Yes, there are bolts inside the back box on either side of the wire way opening.
6803 games used two bolts.[quoted image]

Thanks for the picture! Is that the inside of a D&D pin? The backbox can be opened via the key on top and then removing the backglass?

2 weeks later
#92 4 years ago
Quoted from Atari_Daze:

That picture if from a Motordome, a 6803 game. Yes, slide the backglass UP after you turn the key.
Your glass may have a broken lift trim piece which is common on this era of game since they were plastic. If that is the case see if you can find a small suction cup to use on the glass to get it up and out safely.
https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/03-8229-1

Thanks for your help. We have found the keys and were able to remove the backglass. Sliding it up was a bit difficult but with a suction cup (as you advised) we succeeded. End result was that the D&D machine is now in my possession So now starts the repair/update/restauration job.

I have also scanned the complete Operation Manual which is now in a better state then the one found on ipdb. There was something strange with this manual: on the front page was 'PRELIMINARY' printed in big red letters. Anybody knows what this means?

#96 4 years ago
Quoted from Inkochnito:

Preliminary betekend voorlopig.

Yes, i know what the meaning of the word was but what i *really* meant was why does it say preliminary? When i re-read my own post it is possible to read it your way where i was asking about the meaning of the word

#97 4 years ago
Quoted from jlbintn:

I really want a better manual. It is a copy, and it is fine, until I get to the schematics section, the section I need the most
Just figures

Which section do you mean? I also have a seperate manual with all the technical drawings. They are partly A3 and will be scanned somewhere this week. Hopefully

#101 4 years ago
Quoted from jlbintn:

The entire tech section (schematics, designation lists, etc.)
Whoever scanned that section of the manual must have been on the last can of a twelve pack
Very unreadable. Useless, basically. I would love to get an original manual, where the schematics actually fold out, but that's not happening

Fortunately i do have a complete (at least i think complete) set of the original schematics. I mean those fold-out pages which contain the schematics. One of those is 'glued' to a manual but perhaps i can find a way to pry it loose. When i've scanned some of these pages i'll share them here so you can see if this is a good way/scan.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 100.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Asheville, NC
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Westminster, MA
2,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Pelzer, SC
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

1,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Lake Charles, LA
$ 15.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 18.95
$ 33.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider JiePieWie.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bally-6803-club-all-welcome?tu=JiePieWie and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.