Topic Stats

• 188 posts
  • 49 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 hours ago by Inkochnito
  • Topic is favorited by 26 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 48 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_20200205_1227370451 (resized).jpg
6D356B10-AF4A-41C8-88CD-2F07F7E1E1F0 (resized).jpeg
20200108_170445 (resized).jpg
Bally_A080-91786-C000_repair (resized).jpg
20191217_185725.jpg
strange sciencew (resized).jpg
20793128-BC08-44ED-B641-FD7B99F48376 (resized).jpeg
Bally_AS-2518-61_S&T_Soundboard_input (resized).jpg
Bally_AS-2518-61_S&T_Soundboard (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
20190205_194601 (resized).jpg
IMG_3734 (resized).JPEG
20190127_190240 (resized).jpg
20190127_195859 (resized).jpg
Escape_flippers (resized).jpg

There are 188 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 4.
#151 12 days ago
Quoted from woody76:

its a fun game. Rebuild the lower flippers first thing.

I’ve read that in several spots that this game is horrible for flippers. Complete flipper assemblies (with coils) are planned.

#152 12 days ago

the link provided didn’t take me to a usable location. Any change you could try again? Though I went to the “IPDB” site For the copy I have with the missing pages. Humm...

#153 11 days ago

I replaced the original with this, back in 2009.

IMG_20200205_1227370451 (resized).jpg
#154 9 days ago

Is there some kind of generic bally 6803 book that details all the parts used in all the bally machines of this era?
I'm struggling to find part numbers to order simple things, like coil stops and playfield parts.

#156 8 days ago
Quoted from jcar302:

Is there some kind of generic bally 6803 book that details all the parts used in all the bally machines of this era?
I'm struggling to find part numbers to order simple things, like coil stops and playfield parts.

I’m struggling with this too. I have the parts book, but they list “13-digit” part numbers for everything and none of those numbers come up in the online parts stores like Planetry, Pinball life, Marco, etc. Is there a conversation I need to do or only search on specific digits? Most parts I’m looking for I think are pretty common; flipper rebuild, switches, and ball guides. What are you experienced guys doing with these long 13 digit hyphenated Bally parts book numbers?

#157 7 days ago
Quoted from PinballRusch:

I’m struggling with this too. I have the parts book, but they list “13-digit” part numbers for everything and none of those numbers come up in the online parts stores like Planetry, Pinball life, Marco, etc. Is there a conversation I need to do or only search on specific digits? Most parts I’m looking for I think are pretty common; flipper rebuild, switches, and ball guides. What are you experienced guys doing with these long 13 digit hyphenated Bally parts book numbers?

You might try googling those part numbers, maybe adding pinball or Bally or whatever before the part number. I have found that for sites like Marco, it's best to search by game and see what you get.

#158 7 days ago
Quoted from jlbintn:

You might try googling those part numbers, maybe adding pinball or Bally or whatever before the part number. I have found that for sites like Marco, it's best to search by game and see what you get.

There is amost nothing on Marcos for blackbelt. If you expand the flipper rebuilt kit pics on Marcos you can figure out some more part numbers though.

#159 7 days ago
Quoted from jlbintn:

I searched Google with Bally and the 13 digit part number. I was pleasantly surprised how many items came up! Only thing I couldn’t find was a wire form ball guide (glorified super thick staple) and I think I’ll just make one and have it powder coated with my other parts from the game.
Thanks for the tip! I would have never thought Google would find these numbers on the same pin parts sites where I already used their search. These same parts also were not cataloged against “game specific” category... so Google to the rescue once again!

#160 6 days ago

I just got a super nice d&d but it seems like the solenoids are all weak especially the flippers. This is my first 6803 Bally’s but I have had a lot of system 11s which is a similar era and their clippers are much stronger. I assume there is an issue. Is there something I can check out?

#161 6 days ago

The linear flipper mechs are really shitty and prone to get sloppy. Might just need a rebuild kit (or replace with the previous mech style) if your power looks right.

#162 6 days ago
Quoted from Chalkey:

The linear flipper mechs are really shitty and prone to get sloppy. Might just need a rebuild kit (or replace with the previous mech style) if your power looks right.

Thanks, have you or anyone changes the them out to Williams mechs?

#163 6 days ago

I think people mostly convert to the previous bally style, maybe someone else can chime in.

#164 6 days ago
Quoted from Chalkey:

I think people mostly convert to the previous bally style, maybe someone else can chime in.

Is there a popular assembly that can still be purchased ?
My Special Force flippers are still kinda lame after a rebuild.

Thx.

#165 6 days ago

Pinball life sells the linear rebuild kits. From my experience, I recommend staying with the original mech design. The solid clack of the linear mech has a completely different feel then the fiberboard eyelet on the old style plungers. The recommendations to convert were out of necessity back in the day when you couldn’t get parts. Now we have access to almost everything you need.

Most weak flippers on bally linear flipper mechs end up being mushroomed coilstop and plunger or loose assembly. Bally uses a spring washer on its coils to help keep tension and I have seen more then once where someone removed it “fixing” a game and never put it back. Over time the coil rattles a bit loosening the button on the coilstop causing it and the plunger to mushroom and deform. This in turn causes the nylon bushing on the paw to run crooked causing friction and all this robs power from the flipper.

The single most important thing in a pinball is the flippers. If they suck, the game sucks no matter what. With all the money we spend on games, spend the $100 at most (4 flipper game) and see how the game played new. You would be surprised.

For those of you saying you can’t feel difference, go play Bally’s truck stop. It uses both bally flipper mechs on the top flippers and Williams mechs on the bottom. Yes, you can feel a difference!

#166 6 days ago

The white circular part in the link gets out of round, wears faster, and is the bigger weak link (harhar) than the metal parts IMO

#167 6 days ago

I can say from my recent experience that you can rest assured that the coil stops and sleeves are messed up.
Will that fix that issues? Not sure, we will see in a few days when my parts come.
But bally must have just threaded the screws in the plates to hold the stops on, but on every flipper on my machine they are stripped.
The plates are all mushroomed and deformed from being loose.
I added 10-32's with nylon nuts, but it made one chatter when it bottoms out, so I bit the bullet and bought all new plates.

#168 6 days ago

I have two Bally 6803 MPU boards for sale.
The only drawback is that I live at the other side of the Atlantic Ocean.
Shipping to the US would be around 35 euro.
Look on my website http://www.inkochnito.nl and click on the Bridge Board image.

#169 5 days ago
Quoted from Chalkey:

The white circular part in the link gets out of round, wears faster, and is the bigger weak link (harhar) than the metal parts IMO

With all the repro plastic and 3D printed stuff, it seems silly to chuck the entire piece for the nylon that has worn out. This seems like a gold mine in the making for someone willing to remake them in a stiffer plastic and offer a rivet kit to reattach to the pawl.

#170 5 days ago

Also, check the frames mounted to the playfield, where the flipper mechanism's are mounted. A loose or stripped screw can cause funky issues with flipper action, including them getting stuck in the open position above the playfield. I recently had this issue with the lower right flipper on my D&D. I had a spare frame mount, swapped it out, and no problems since.

Also, the mount with the stripped screw hole.... I reversed the mounting hardware on that frame and now I have a spare left side flipper playfield frame.

#171 5 days ago
Quoted from Tallon:

Bally uses a spring washer on its coils to help keep tension

My coils are definitely loose, who has a parts diagram with washer position and part number?

Thanks.

#172 5 days ago

Wondering if anyone here has a scan of the generic Bally/Midway cabinet art? Color is not important. PM me if you happen to have a file. Vectorized would be a bonus!

John

#173 5 days ago
Quoted from pinfixer:

Wondering if anyone here has a scan of the generic Bally/Midway cabinet art? Color is not important. PM me if you happen to have a file.

PM me your address, the files I have are 90MB, won't fit an email, I'll put in a drop box for you.

#174 5 days ago

Since we're talking about flippers and ball action coming off of the flippers, I am curious to know if anybody else is having launch issues off of a stand-up target hit from either flipper?

Sometimes, in our D&D, a drop target hit off of the flippers sends the ball flying up over the plastic on the sides of the playfield and drains the ball.

#175 4 days ago
Quoted from jlbintn:

Since we're talking about flippers and ball action coming off of the flippers, I am curious to know if anybody else is having launch issues off of a stand-up target hit from either flipper?
Sometimes, in our D&D, a drop target hit off of the flippers sends the ball flying up over the plastic on the sides of the playfield and drains the ball.

Oh yeah. If you D&D is dialed in your gonna get a tom of airballs. Try clearcoating the playfield and see what happens

#176 4 days ago

I dont have airball issues on my D&D. Was going to say standup backing is worn but turns out mine are about completely gone! Maybe uneven inserts?

#177 3 days ago

I've had 7 of them and every time you get the Mylar polished, clearcoat the field, or get it stripped down and good wax applied, I get airballs on all of them.

#178 3 days ago

Why you have you had 7 D&Ds? I feel like you could have figured out you liked it enough by your 4th or 5th acquisition

#179 3 days ago
Quoted from Chalkey:

Why you have you had 7 D&Ds? I feel like you could have figured out you liked it enough by your 4th or 5th acquisition

Lol. Been doing this a while and that’s the one game that keeps showing up at my door. Most of the time it’s a dead one and I get it cheap because no one likes working on the 6803s. Last one I sold because the buyer wanted a really nice one and offered good money. Then a buddy of mine sold a complete train wreck to be because he knew I could fix it and make it nice. And I did.

#180 3 days ago
Quoted from Tallon:

Lol. Been doing this a while and that’s the one game that keeps showing up at my door. Most of the time it’s a dead one and I get it cheap because no one likes working on the 6803s. Last one I sold because the buyer wanted a really nice one and offered good money. Then a buddy of mine sold a complete train wreck to be because he knew I could fix it and make it nice. And I did.

That’s awesome you had 7, they are really hard to find. I think it’s a great pin but I do need to get clay over to help me get my coils stronger. Everything seems really weak and I can’t figure it out.

#181 3 days ago
Quoted from Tallon:

I think I have had like 10 silverball mania's. Weird how a machine can follow you around.

#182 3 days ago
Quoted from woody76:

I think I have had like 10 silverball mania's. Weird how a machine can follow you around.

I've had probably 25 Eight Ball Deluxe over the years. Know the feeling! Wish I had em back! LOL

#183 3 days ago
Quoted from pinfixer:

I've had probably 25 Eight Ball Deluxe over the years. Know the feeling! Wish I had em back! LOL

yea, I have several of those as well. I got one free about 4 years ago.

#184 2 days ago

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/black-belts-only-not-really/page/2#post-5469994

If any of the 6803 experts could help me out, i'd appreciate it.

#185 2 days ago
Quoted from Chalkey:

I dont have airball issues on my D&D. Was going to say standup backing is worn but turns out mine are about completely gone! Maybe uneven inserts?

The inserts are fine relative to the stand-up targets. The inserts I replaced were not those in front of either bank of targets. The arrow inserts going into both lair traps, and up the ramp for the skill shot are the inserts I replaced. While I don't need to clear coat it (although that is a good suggestion that leads to a lot of work ), I have kept it clean and waxed. I rebuilt all three flippers late last summer, and that's when the airball phenom took off....

edit to add:

interestingly enough, at various and sundry times the ball launches to the left side of the game and rolls down the drain alley so hard, it bounces up in front of the flippers.....

SAVE!!!!!!!!!

#186 1 day ago

My d & ds power issue has been fixed. This pin packs a punch. I can hit every shot and it does create airballs. Definitely glad to own one even if the family decides they don’t love it. Now it’s time to let them play it tonight and hopefully it stays in the line up for a while!

#187 1 day ago
Quoted from Happy81724:

My d & ds power issue has been fixed. This pin packs a punch. I can hit every shot and it does create airballs. Definitely glad to own one even if the family decides they don’t love it. Now it’s time to let them play it tonight and hopefully it stays in the line up for a while!

How did you resolve it?

On another note, anyone know what diode is on the light sockets?

I have 2 bulbs that don't work (both arrows going to the ramp ends) and each one has a wire that leds to another bulb. I feel like I shouldn't assume anything with a bally 6803 at this point, but without broken grounds, I would think that both bulbs would work at the same time.

#188 11 hours ago
Quoted from jcar302:

On another note, anyone know what diode is on the light sockets?

The diode used is a 1N4001 or 1N4004, even a 1N4007 will work.

Quoted from jcar302:

I have 2 bulbs that don't work (both arrows going to the ramp ends) and each one has a wire that leds to another bulb. I feel like I shouldn't assume anything with a bally 6803 at this point, but without broken grounds, I would think that both bulbs would work at the same time.

There are two lamps on each SCR. One is working on the A phase and one is working on the B phase.
I've made a Tech Chart for Black Belt.
You can download it from my website.
http://www.pinballrebel.com/pinball/cards/Tech_Charts/Bally_Black_Belt_Tech_Chart.pdf
Can you point out which lamps are involved?
I think one of the SCR's is broken or you have a bad solder joint at the board.

Peter

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 40.00
Machine - For Sale
Grand Marais, MB
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 114.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
€ 3.95
Flipper Parts
Multigame
There are 188 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 4.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside