• No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image_2.jpg
image.jpg
#1 8 years ago

This is my first venture into 6803 machines. What is this block of wood (1"x4"?) screwed into the right side of the cabinet floor on this Escape from the Lost World?

image.jpgimage.jpg

#2 8 years ago

I used to have this game. Just don't remember the wood there. ...I can't be certain if it was there or not, it doesn't look familiar. Maybe it is there to shore up a failing cabinet joint? Why does it matter...Is there some problem with it?

#3 8 years ago

I was just curious. I've never seen something like this in any game so I'm leaning towards something an operator did.

#4 8 years ago

Does it look like anything was ever mounted to it?

Might just be for support. The cabinets are not that sturdy despite being quite heavy.

#5 8 years ago

My Eight Ball Champ did not have the extra wood in it.

#6 8 years ago

Escape from the lost world is in the banana shaped cabinet. It is pretty funky.

#7 8 years ago

Now I remember. There was something I read specific about these "banana cabinets" with the weird shape.....something about using a certain type of lift where you would take a piece of wood and shim or level the weird shaped banana cabinet to make it work. Maybe that is wood for that?

#8 8 years ago
Quoted from wayout440:

piece of wood and shim or level the weird shaped banana cabinet

That's it!
Checking the manual, that's the "dolly assist stilt assembly" that gets screwed to the bottom rear of the cabinet during transport to make it level. Missing from mine and wasn't quite sure what it would look like. Picture on page 1-5 of the manual shows this piece of wood installed.

#9 8 years ago

We figured out that much. Here it is installed. Makes the cabinet much more stable when moving.

image_2.jpgimage_2.jpg

#10 8 years ago

Man, that's CHEEZY!
Having read the manual but not seen the piece, I thought it was a wedge shaped assembly. It's just a 1x4 with a couple metal pieces on it.
Bally sure is building things cheap these days.

#11 8 years ago

It was probably included later in production when they realized transporting the game would be a big problem. So instead of redoing a large number of cabinets they just included the accessory during assembly.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Trade
Machine - For Trade
New Cumberland, PA
$ 36.95
$ 32.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist

$ 18.95
Machine - For Sale
Wichita, KS

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bally-6803-cabinet-question and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.