Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

hannibal (resized).png
Display Repair (resized).jpg
#1 6 years ago

I am in the process of restoring a Bally Star Trek and haven't been able to solve the following display issue. All 5 displays have had some issues. I have 3 of them now working correctly and have the two remaining ones with the center segment out. Both of these had other issues that were resolved and now I am left with these two to deal with.

They have both had there header pins reflowed. On one of them I have replaced the Q19 transistor, the IC decoder chip (with socket) and upgraded the suggested resistors to 100k 1/2 watt. The other one I have also done the resistors and Q19 transistor but not the IC decoder. Both are working correctly except for the center section segment (g on the following chart) across all 6 digits (same on the other display). Also the issue is in the display as if I move them around, the issue stays with the display.

Anyone have an idea what is causing the issue?

Display Repair (resized).jpgDisplay Repair (resized).jpg

#2 6 years ago

For segment 'g':

R25 = 1.5K
R26 = 300K
R27 = 1.2K

Are those OK?

#3 6 years ago

If the above are good, very carefully_ connect a jumper to +5VDC and very carefully_ touch it to the base of Q19. Segment 'g' should lite.

BEWARE: Use extreme caution.

#5 6 years ago

Thx Cody_Chunn one was resistor and the other needed its decoder replaced.

#6 6 years ago

hannibal (resized).pnghannibal (resized).png

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 10.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
New Brighton, PA
$ 179.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Pimp

$ 10.00
$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 18.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Gilbert, AZ
$ 100.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

Electronics
Third Coast Pinball

10,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Santa Ana, CA

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bally-6-digit-display-issue-1?hl=jojo97222 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.