Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 28 posts
  • 5 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by thedefog
  • Topic is favorited by 4 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider CadillacMusic.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 7 years ago

Got a Bally Star Trek that's driving me nuts. Board will do first flicker, and nothing else. Checked the ROMS with my chip-burner, and they match the file. Brand new 6800 chip. I've got all the jumpers to three 2716's. That's 1-5, 2-4, 7-8, 10-12, 11-25, 13a-14, 16a-18, 31-32, and 33-35. What the heck am I missing?

#4 7 years ago

Quick flash, then off.

#5 7 years ago

I thought U8 was checked by flash...three? Another flash.

#7 7 years ago

Ok, I'm dumb, what's CE? I've got good continuity on my pins, from bottom to top of chip on u1 and u2.

#10 7 years ago

Oh, chip enable, duh. Will go whack at it a bit. Where did 2 blinks come from? It's a flicker.

#12 7 years ago

I've got a probe and multimeter, btw. I just didn't know what to look for. Should the chip enable lines just flicker high for a moment, or stay high?

#14 7 years ago

*Shrug* I might as well burn the chips on 2732's. Can't hurt anything and it takes 3 minutes. I just put 'em on the smallest chip that would fit.

#16 7 years ago

Update: Enable lines are high, although sometimes as low as 4.25 volts. Went commando on the thing. Replaced u2 socket, burned 2732 rom and jumpered to that. Still the same result. Starting to suspect the reset line, because now every third time I give it power, it locks on the LED.

#18 7 years ago

Oh, every mpu board we have from this era has battery damage. This one isn't bad, though. But pin 40 and pin 2 are both high.

#20 7 years ago

If I've measured all used sockets as having full continuity, you really think I need to do them?

#22 7 years ago

Oh, I can solder without pulling pads just fine. So now, I pulled out a board from our working strikes and spares, to make sure the chips were good. And now that board doesn't boot anymore. I hate these things.

#25 7 years ago

Um, took u6's socket off and it's clean as a whistle underneath. I get what you're saying, but while you can fix a person's smashed hand by doing an arm transplant, it doesn't teach you anything about the anatomy of the hand. So stuff like thedefog is saying is what I'm looking for.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
10,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Santa Ana, CA
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Electronics
Third Coast Pinball

$ 179.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Pimp

$ 22.50
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Gilbert, AZ
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 10.00
$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Playfield - Plastics
The Pinball Scientist

Machine - For Sale
New Brighton, PA
$ 100.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 10.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider CadillacMusic.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bally-35-mpu-gets-only-first-flicker?tu=CadillacMusic and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.