Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 13 posts
  • 5 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 months ago by Quench
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_1935 (resized).JPG
    IMG_1934 (resized).JPG
    caps (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider crazi.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 4 years ago

Hi All

So Ive been repairing this MPU - done loads to get it working but now I have a strange issue.

The board boots all 7 flashes on the bench. When in the machine it fails the 5th Flash. If I take of J1 it does 7 flashes. So I re-socketed U11 just in case but no change.

The fact that if I remove J1 it flashes would normally tell me it's a "load" issue or bad connection but I have checked all the IC's linked to U11 5th Flash like U20, U19, U14 etc and cant find any issue.

The fault is on the MPU as the machine works fine - this is a spare MPU board i'm repairing.

Thoughts? What am I missing?

#3 4 years ago

C65 & C67 were not measuring right. Replaced them and now it boots up in to attract mode

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider crazi.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bally-35-mpu-5th-flash-issue?tu=crazi and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.