• Latest reply 3 years ago by BigAl56
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

PXL_20210317_162810764 (resized).jpg
PXL_20210317_162806637 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider barakandl.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#11 3 years ago
Quoted from perry1670:

I changed out the Solenoid board from a working machine that I had recapped just to make sure I wasn't losing voltages and that wasn't the problem.
What I did find though was that once It stops the brief attract mode, I can manually hit the targets and it will score points and make sound affects.

Kind of sounds like a switch problem. Unplug the two connectors on the right side of the MPU and see if it stays in attract mode.

#18 3 years ago
Quoted from BigAl56:If we take the power off the table it leads me to believe an MPU crash. Possible battery damage from a past life?? Can you post a video of the game in this crashed state. Include a clear steady view of the MPU around the LED and battery area.

Yes this. We still don't understand your fail mode fully. If it is racking up points that leads me to believe it is not really "crashed" but just starts a game as soon as attract mode hits and the CPU is running software fine per the inputs it thinks it is receiving.

Clear the current credit audit 5 back to zero so there are no credits on the game (if you can get to test mode, start to hammer the test button right at MPU self test flash 7).

With two connectors off of the right side of the MPU. Short from switch row to switch column to test switches at the MPU. Check at least one switch in every row and column and make sure you get the right number for the combination you are closing. That will tell you if the MPU is reading switches OK.

Also keep in mind the U10 PIA is very busy. The same PIA ports that handle switches can do other stuff like displays and lamps. I noticed in post one you say player 3 is all zeros. This may be an indication the PIA is bad or shorted. Most common way the PIA port gets shorted is a switch shorts to ground. Like the start button leans on the grounded coin door.

#22 3 years ago

Video shows very strange operation.

Things I notice. Solenoids fire out of order in test mode. They are controlled by U11 but is often a connector issue.

Player 3 display is enabled at the wrong time (always?). This is controlled by U11 PA2 which also does lamp address 2 and switch strobe 2. PA2 shorted to something on PCB? Switch shorted to ground? Other displays are off and P1 does not rack up score staying at 00. Bad U10? Probably not the 4502 since there is problems beyond the displays.

U8 has an impossible date code. Does not mean it is bad, but could be suspect. Sounds like you swapped it out already tho.

Can also unplug the lamp board and isolate one display at at a time that has been verified working in another game in case problem on the lamp board or a display is fudging up the PIA through MPU j1. Check the zero X for 120hz and the display interrupt for 320-420hz as I suppose an interrupt problem is possible.

Seems likely the problem is at or around U10. The solenoids firing out of order probably separate connector issue between MPU j4 and driver j4.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 69.00
$ 18.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 18.98
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 10.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 22.50
$ 17.50
Lighting - Led
Pinballrom

$ 29.00
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 179.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Pimp

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider barakandl.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bally-35-kiss-stops-halfway-on-attract-mode?tu=barakandl and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.