7 years ago

Topic Stats

• 3 posts
  • 2 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by ripple
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ripple.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 7 years ago

I have a -35 board that quit working on me in a project Centaur. It started only giving the first flicker and no flashes. I first checked the ROMs and they are good. The replaced the U2 & U6 sockets. Same result initial flicker and the LED goes out. I checked over my work and have given up for the day. Any ideas what could cause the ROM check to be bad other than sockets & bad ROMs ?

#3 7 years ago

The reset section is good and the ROMs are tested in another board. Removing RAM did not have any affect. When trying to work on it it would boot every once in a while but 90%+ it will not go past the initial flicker. I checked the ROM sockets with a logic probe and did see pulsing where it should be present. There is little corrosion and I did look for any problems there. I'm near to giving up but any suggestions are welcome.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
Electronics
Retro Electro Designs
Electronics

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ripple.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bally-35-i-got-flicker-and-no-flashes-help?tu=ripple and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.