(Topic ID: 143045)

Bally -35 Flicker

By Validpowerdetect

8 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 8 years ago

What are the minimum chips to get a flicker on a Bally -35 MPU?
    I think it's U9,U11,U6.

#2 8 years ago

That is correct but if you want to add the support chips also...

U15, u16, clock circuit fails a lot. Usually it is u15. Check p3 and p37 of the cpu for clock running around 0.680 mhz i think is. 7437 is a good u15 replacement.

VUA2 has to be valid as well for the cs pin on the U6. That involves some more support chips. That is much less likely to the problem though. You can check at the cs pins of u6 which may be different on what type of rom/eprom you are using. U6 P20 on a 2732 eprom would be connected to U18 and needs to be valid. U6 P18 would be connected to U17 as well.

#3 8 years ago

I just can't get a flicker out of this thing to save my ass. Got good VMA, clock, Vua2, etc. The only thing that looks a little flakey on the Tektronics, is R/W, but it's there.

#4 8 years ago

Perhaps the Russians sabotaged my cpu, knowing that I am an ex cold war Submarine sailor!

#5 8 years ago

Only plug in the cpu chip. scope out every address and data pin at the u6 socket. The CS pins should be active in tihs state too so you can check them.

#6 8 years ago

This is that -17 to -35 conversion from last year. I don't understand what they are doing when they have you ground the VUA2 on both U2&U6. Plus they are sending
    A14 from the cpu to u2, u6 pin 21.

I did the bare cpu thing last night, looked ok.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bally-35-flicker and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.