(Topic ID: 202755)

Bally -35 display issues

By CadillacMusic

6 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider CadillacMusic.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 6 years ago

Got a Harlem Globetrotters that tdiddy is bringing me a transformer for, and I'm trying to get a working cpu board together for it. I've got a board that plays great (in our Star Trek), but the displays are strangely messed up. They display only 8s or 9s. I'd say it was a bad U20 chip, but I've replaced that and everything is still broken. I guess I don't fully understand where something could be going wrong. It seems like the only chip that really effects display is that u20, with u14 and u19 playing a small role. Can someone step-by-step me through the display process so I understand it better?

#4 6 years ago

Ah, thanks Quench! My pin 28 was broken off and I didn't even notice it. Hate those connectors! I knew the displays were fine because the normal CPU works fine. Shoulda said that, sorry.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Electronics
Retro Electro Designs
Electronics

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider CadillacMusic.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bally-35-display-issues?tu=CadillacMusic and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.