3 years ago

Topic Stats

• 7 posts
  • 6 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by barakandl
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

E0A57807-5A07-444D-9807-8B35084AFCFD (resized).jpeg
    40B95AB3-FD1B-4ACB-BE6D-831224CCE910 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider barakandl.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#7 3 years ago

u15 is the most common chip to go bad on the original MPU, besides AMI CPU/PIA/RAM. There is a 150 ohm pullup resistor on one output. I think the 7437 original TTL type with no letters is an OK sub too.... better than the LS flavor for sure.

Double check you are not counting the 'flicker' as a flash. If so no 4th flash means U10 6821 PIA has a problem or the CPU cannot control it properly. I see you have AMI brand PIA chips installed in that board. That brand is notorious for failing seemingly 10x more often than HD6821, EF6821, F6821 or MC6821 brands of PIA. AMI brand RAMs, CPUs, and PIAs are all so unreliable I would not use them. Trash canned so many bad ones it is ridiculous. So consider replacing both U10 and U11, but start with just U10 and see where you are.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider barakandl.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bally-35-aftermarket-board-help?tu=barakandl and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.