• Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

341C3213-D4BB-4270-8211-B7F6F2739AF6 (resized).jpeg
C1B5EF25-156E-427F-B3C1-8EB69193D8B3 (resized).jpeg
Sound-32b.png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider barakandl.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2 8 years ago

Can you burn a 2716 EPROM? I can send you an adapter, but I can't really sell them with the EPROMs.

A single tone that doesn't change pitch, but is in the correct rhythm is usually the PROM.

#8 8 years ago
Quoted from CadillacMusic:

Oh wow, you have 6821 PIAs? I gotta get me some of those. Got a giant stack of broken system 11 boards.

I still have a few hundred MC6821P left. Lots of MC6802P CPUs too.

Quoted from acebathound:

Main reason is test equipment isn't the cool kid on the block There's a very small percentage of people interested in those types of products so any threads about test equipment vanish pretty quick here versus threads on new games, leds, led mods, etc. Not uncommon for people to not realize this stuff even exists unless they trip across a discussion about a new product.. or someone links the website.

I think its clear the testers need MORE LEDs and custom toppers! =D

6 years later
#11 1 year ago
Quoted from Grefla:

Sorry to resurrect an old thread.
I've just got a box of Bally boards to play with and I have 3 sound boards 2 x -32 and 1 x -50 - all missing a random variety of ICs.
I've managed to source U10, U9, and U5
I'm having trouble finding U11 which is missing on the -50 and is an M86L93 on the other boards
I'm also missing U3 from 2 of the boards. for the games I want to use these boards in I would need E-729-18. I imagine it is impossible to find this chip and that an eprom has to be used. Just wondering if anyone can help me out here?

86L93 is the "tenth power" version of 7493 and 74LS93 can replace it. This chip fails A LOT on the -32 and -50 sound boards

The PROM is majorly obsolete but can be replaced with a standard EPROM and maybe some other devices like a GAL, but you have to shift the pins around.

#13 1 year ago
Quoted from Grefla:

I saw on a previous thread that you used to make adapters for EPROMs to go on these boards. Do you still make them?

No, but I make the entire board now. $100

3 months later
#19 1 year ago

Is the 43v to 12v circuit working?

I've abused the lm380 on a -50 sound board with a loud continuous tone and I can't get it anywhere close to the thermal limits while in a socket. I wouldn't worry about it being in a socket. The heatsinks on the SB100 lm380 seem beyond overkill too.

Bad lm380 still happens (shorted speaker?) and I've seen them burn open the 5w resistor when it happens. There is a 1w carbon resistor somewhat commonly burned or out of spec, id check that too, 4.7k i think it is. Make sure the 12v zener is not shorted or open.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 9.00
Cabinet Parts
Third Coast Pinball

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

4,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Springfield, MO
$ 10.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 179.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Pimp

$ 179.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Pimp

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Munster, IN
$ 35.00
Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 10.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 100.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Electronics
Retro Electro Designs

1,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
New Brighton, PA
$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 69.00
Cabinet - Other
UpKick Pinball

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider barakandl.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bally-2518-32-and-2518-50-sound-boards?tu=barakandl and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.