(Topic ID: 233814)

Bally -22 HV HELP

By Fordiesel69

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

hvnew (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider fordiesel69.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 5 years ago

Installed a whole kit but it had the bux85g in it. Worked for 2-3 minutes now I can only get 8vdc out of the HV section. Any ideas what to check?

Attached is a photo if you want to check my work. I did use mica and a new plastic screw thru the bux 85g.

The original HV section did not work, it just fed the full 230v to the displays thus ruining all of them. It was visually perfect however, no burn.

hvnew (resized).jpghvnew (resized).jpg
    #3 5 years ago

Really the instructions I read about the bux84 conversion wanted the screw shrink wrapped and a nylon washer used. I will swap out with metal screw and see what happens.

#5 5 years ago

R51 is getting HOT. I went ahead an changed the screw to ensure continuty. No dice. Still 8v. I think the two 2n3440 are toast as in diode test they do not match my working boards. I wonder if the BUX85 is toast as a result of it not being grounded.

#6 5 years ago

Would my plastic screw have caused things to fail?

#11 5 years ago

UPDATE:

Got the kit from a very well known supplier. I changed VR1, Q22 and Q23 again from parts from marco to make sure they are from a different source. Perfect. Got the voltage down to 160 and all is well.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider fordiesel69.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bally-22-hv-help?tu=fordiesel69 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.