6 years ago

Topic Stats

• 7 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by baldtwit
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider TheWiz.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 6 years ago

I am new to bingo machines, this is my first one. I am familiar with EM pinball and solid state pinball machines. I have a few simple questions. I have the machine setup and am in the process of cleaning it and removing obvious additions (hacks maybe) in the wiring. Since I have never played a bingo or even seen one for that matter my simple questions are:

1. How many balls are needed to be loaded into the machine.
1a. How many balls played is a game.
2. What color should be on the R, D, C buttons and what color should the 25 cent be.
3. How many counters are there supposed to be in the front bottom cabinet. Mine has 4 but a couple looks like they have been added at sometime.
4. When a player "cashes" out, how is the credit unit reset.

I read through the manual and looked at a number of images and looked om forums but have not found or seen answers to my very simple questions.

Pointing me in the right direction would be appreciated.

#5 6 years ago

Thanks to all for the answers. There is a key switch in the left side of the cabinet and I was guessing that might be used for resetting the counter after a payout but I haven't traced it out yet.

All red seemed a little boring so I painted the R green, the D red, the C yellow and the 25 cent black. The black doesn't show up very well so I may change that to a different color.

One of the extra counters was for a bill acceptor that was hacked in, and not hacked in very well I might add. I took it out and will leave it out. Not sure what the other extra one is for yet since I have not looked at the schematic to see what the original ones are for.

Getting all the lamps out is killing me! None of my usual lamp removal tools work very well. They just don't grab the bulb tight enough to pull it out. Is there a tool out there just for these sockets that grip the base so tightly?

I am looking forward to powering it up. Lots more cleaning to do (I found a family of 9 stink bugs living under the wires. Had to chase them down with my needle nosed plyers.) a couple of loose wires dangling around to figure what they are for and then I can power it up and see where we are. At one time mice had built a nest on top of one of the search steppers so cleaning has taken awhile with bleach water and other abatement chemicals, mask, gloves and all. Looking and smelling much better. No wires chewed, just a little chewing on some lacing cord. I need to order some lacing cord to fix some wire bundles. I normally just use tie wraps but want this to look as original as possible. Back 40 years ago lacing cord is all we used for wire bundles. It will be fun remembering how to do it right .

The plastic playfield look to be in great shape and should clean up nice. Missin a couple lamp covers on the playfield but I have access to a Another Dixieland machine for parts so I should be able to get them from that.

Backglass is as perfect as I have ever seen on an EM machine. Do all bingo backglass' hold up that well?

#6 6 years ago

Got the light board all cleaned up and ready for lamps. Most of the bulbs were #47s and I just couldn't get a good grip on them. Using my 3/8s ID, 1/2 OD vinyl tubing I found that I had to push it all way over the bulb and onto the metal base of the bulb, twist and the wiggle it back and forth while pulling out. Once I got that figured out the 250 bulbs came out pretty quickly. All sockets cleaned. Now to wash all the lamps, check them with a meter and install them.

BTWed - This found all the old bulbs where the base was coming loose. For those where the glass pulled out of the base I just hit the vinyl tubing with a hammer to break the glass and dump it in the trash and used needle nose plyers to pull the base out of the socket.

My simple questions have been answered and making this resolved. I am sure I will have more questions once I get it powered up.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider TheWiz.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bally-1978-dixieland-bingo-questions?tu=TheWiz and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.