(Topic ID: 102021)

Bally 1961 Can Can Bingo Machine Restoration by a Newbie.

By SteveinTexas

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 40 posts
  • 12 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by Gotemwill
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20190608_194542 (resized).jpg
    20190515_220158 (resized).jpg
    20190515_220204 (resized).jpg
    3c Can Can General Final (resized).JPG
    3a Can Can General Final (resized).JPG
    Pic1 (resized).jpg
    Pic 2 (resized).jpg
    Pic 3 (resized).jpg
    SSplayfield 038.jpg
    DSC02802.JPG
    DSC02806.JPG
    DSC02842.JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider bingopodcast.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#6 9 years ago

That is some beautiful work! I love screen games. One question: I thought Bounty was the only game with a white button. What does the white button on can can do?

#8 9 years ago

Oh, excellent. In later machines, it was a random award.

#9 9 years ago

Wait wait wait - just thought of something else... If the screen isn't lit to 'D', are you able to play the white button? Will it light the screen automatically if it gives you a super section?

#12 9 years ago

Steve, I talked with my bingo buddy (two in one city!), and he told me that Lido, Can-Can, and Bounty were the only three white button game the white button on Bounty (which I have fixed up), plays a skill shot - on the first ball you have to hit the indicated number to earn a separate skill shot odds.

I figured it would just play as red until the 'D' was lit, and my buddy confirmed, but I am curious how it differs from red once 'D' is lit - is there a separate cam or relay that actuates to provide another path through the mixer just to those features? The only machines with super sections I've stuck my face in contain a relay in the trip bank for each, and is activated through feature play (red or green). Just cool to find a new feature!

Again, my compliments on your restore. Beautiful, beautiful work. Love to see bingos get this attention. There is so much drama on each ball - a different thrill than pin games.

#15 9 years ago

Vic, I've played quite a bit of S's bikini and golden gate in town, that you have famously played Those are both great games. Your Silver Sails is beautiful, as with all your games.

Steve, the red letter game should be spelled out on a separate score card (you can see it peeking out on Vic's pic under the ball return). Super and extra OK give you extra positions on the screen to move the orange section. Super OK let's you move the screen 3 positions.

It's quite fun to have OK lit, and an extended time tree. Getting a hit in multiple colors and collecting a red letter game on your fifth ball is an experience!

I need to re-read Jeffrey's books. I didn't realize that you could light both super sections at once!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider bingopodcast.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bally-1961-can-can-bingo-machine-restoration-by-a-newbie?tu=bingopodcast and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.