You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20221208_225602 (resized).jpg
20221208_225258 (resized).jpg
#1 1 year ago

Hello All,

l've been slowly working my way through a Flipper Clown and l came across this cut/broken wire on the 'balls to play' unit. First off it stuck me as an 'addition' by someone as there is solder on the brass stud but then the wire is broken, (picture 1, cable tye pointing to broken wire). Compairing it to my Flipper pool, (picture 2), the pool doesn't have the extra wire or am l making the wrong comparison?. The wiring on the machine has several changes that appear to have been done to make the machine work but not as Gottlieb designed it, l guess this mod may have been for continued play.

Thanks in advance.

20221208_225258 (resized).jpg20221208_225258 (resized).jpg20221208_225602 (resized).jpg20221208_225602 (resized).jpg
#2 1 year ago

l chose to snip the two wires off as seem to defeat the balls to play unit.

#3 1 year ago

Does the game start on ball 1 ?
It looks like the top wiper disc is off.The screws are usually more centered. I can see where it used to sit.
As far as the wires,you may want to trace them and see where they originate.
If the one you cut is the same color in the loom,it is original,unless someone feed it through.
Those wires feed the backside on the rivets and most likely should be jumped like that

#4 1 year ago

Yes you are correct the wiper disc was way off and l found this out when l fixed the score motor problem, (it only added 4 balls!).

Thanks

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet Parts
Space Coast Pinball

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.