New! Dark mode!

Browsing Pinside at night? Getting tired of all the white? Switch to dark mode using the button in the top right (or CTRL-B)!

(Topic ID: 194664)

Balls played stepper stopping short

By Samwerm

3 years ago

Topic Stats

• 6 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by Samwerm
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 3 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_1381 (resized).JPG
IMG_1382 (resized).JPG
he-stopped-short-thats-my-move-seinfeld-thefusillijerry-7227963 (resized).png

#1 3 years ago

Ok so I'm slowly knocking out the multitude of problems this machine had. This being my first EM, it's been a marathon, and the newest issue has me baffled.
The balls played stepper is only stepping 3 times when it needs to step 4 to advance to the next ball. Mechanically it works perfectly but for sure, it is only getting 3 pulses. What tells the stepper the number of times to step?? Score wheel?? I've located and cleaned the contact associated with the stepper unit.

#2 3 years ago

Reply sent in PM

#3 3 years ago

you did not mention the game but is this Gottlieb Oklahoma? you really need to make that clear...

the score motor controls this. i don't have the schematic in front of me but usually it's at 4a. One of the big contact switches handles this. Make sure that's clean and gap is correct (too far or too close will cause the problem you mention.)

but also check the player unit itself. Sometimes the coil stop breaks off inside the coil and can cause inconsistent "pulls" on the player unit coil. or the player unit plunger travel has been some how changed in other ways.

#4 3 years ago
Quoted from cfh:

you did not mention the game but is this Gottlieb Oklahoma? you really need to make that clear...
the score motor controls this. i don't have the schematic in front of me but usually it's at 4a. One of the big contact switches handles this. Make sure that's clean and gap is correct (too far or too close will cause the problem you mention.)
but also check the player unit itself. Sometimes the coil stop breaks off inside the coil and can cause inconsistent "pulls" on the player unit coil. or the player unit plunger travel has been some how changed in other ways.

Yes it is Gottlieb Oklahoma. Sorry I thought that showed up when I link the game to the thread. I've checked 4a and cleaned. I'll turn my attention to the coil and unit. Is there a possibilty something isn't right with the score motor unit??

#5 3 years ago

he-stopped-short-thats-my-move-seinfeld-thefusillijerry-7227963 (resized).png

#6 3 years ago
Quoted from cfh:

Ok did I find the issue?? Isn't the contact arm supposed to have a U shape like pic 2?? The one I'm holding is the one that opens and closes the contact for the balls played coil

IMG_1382 (resized).JPG

IMG_1381 (resized).JPG

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
$ 9.00
$ 65.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Texas Pinball
Playfield - Plastics
Ramp-O-Matic
$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
3D MODS
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
$ 4.49
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply
Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com
$ 79.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 63.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 10.00
$ 16.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 219.99
$ 12.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 174.99
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing
$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC
$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
£ 99.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball
$ 239.99
Lighting - Led
PinballBulbs
$ 6.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply
$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs
$ 135.00
Playfield - Plastics
Ramp-O-Matic

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside