3 years ago

Topic Stats

• 27 posts
  • 18 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by RTR
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 3 years ago

If I am moving my pins and leaving them on their legs, is there any reason to remove the balls? I am moving all 13 of my pins...

#2 3 years ago

It would not hurt to take them out.

#3 3 years ago

I would take them out too. never hurts.

#4 3 years ago

But then they might get mixed up and I won't remember which machine they go in.....

#5 3 years ago

Looking for opinions from lazier pinsiders

#6 3 years ago

Are you more lazy as a mover or as a repairman?

#7 3 years ago

AAAAAH just leave them in whats the worst that could happen.

#8 3 years ago

That is a really tough call, lol! But a good point, removing my balls as we speak.

#9 3 years ago

As long as there are no women or children near you are free to take your balls out.

#10 3 years ago
    Quoted from RTR:

But then they might get mixed up and I won't remember which machine they go in.....

It doesn't necessarily matter unless you're just picky

#11 3 years ago
    Quoted from RTR:

That is a really tough call, lol! But a good point, removing my balls as we speak.

Just call the wife and say "honey look what I bought". That should do it.

#12 3 years ago

leave them in, theyre not going to get out

#13 3 years ago

it happens, don't worry about it till something breaks

#14 3 years ago
    Quoted from RTR:

If I am moving my pins and leaving them on their legs, is there any reason to remove the balls? I am moving all 13 of my pins...

you could stuff the up kicker with a rag as well as the main drain into ball trough if you choose to leave them in.
    I usually place balls in a tube sock and put them i the coin tray then secure coin tray with zip tie! GL with moving your games!

#15 3 years ago

If your pinballs are moved horizontal position, I don't think il could break anything.

#16 3 years ago

I clicked on this thread thinking "Balls Out Transport" was a new pinball moving company. Just me?

#17 3 years ago
    Quoted from stevevt:

I clicked on this thread thinking "Balls Out Transport" was a new pinball moving company. Just me?

I trademarked Balls Out Transport - available for a fee!

#18 3 years ago
    Quoted from stevevt:

I did, too!

But to answer it correctly, I always pack my balls well, usually a jock, when I travel.

#19 3 years ago
    Quoted from RTR:

Looking for opinions from lazier pinsiders

Look no further, sir. Why even take the time to load the games onto a trailer?! Jeez... What a waste of time. Do what I've always done: Just tie a rope around your games--daisy chain all thirteen of them, and tie the end of the rope to your car. Don't even bother unplugging them or even moving them from the lineup. As you pull your car out, they'll eventually line up. Drag those suckers down the road, and you'll be good to go. It might even buff up those leg levelers that are sure to be rusty!

In all seriousness, I checked out your collection. Most of those games have the ball trough that's mounted under the playfield, right? If that's the case, I highly doubt you'd need to remove the balls--especially if they're not going to be tipped around. Maybe in a game like Fish Tales (where it's got the standard on-rail ball trough), I'd pull them out and stick them in a labeled sandwich bag. Can't hurt.

I'm actually quite curious as to how you'll be doing this, as I'll be moving and that means transporting all my pins in the near future as well.

#20 3 years ago
    Quoted from mbaumle:

I'm actually quite curious as to how you'll be doing this, as I'll be moving and that means transporting all my pins in the near future as well.

Well, since we are completely moving from here to Nashville, I am having the movers just load'em up with the rest of the stuff. I am springing for the extra insurance on our belongings in case the unthinkable happens. Found out today that our homeowners insurance would not cover an accident.

I may try that daisy chain idea one day!

#21 3 years ago
    Quoted from RTR:

You only need to remove them if you are standing the machine up vertically. I move machines all the time in the horizontal position and have also transported them in vehicles with no issues. Later WPC machines even have the gate to keep them from falling out when vertical.

If you don't want to remove them cause you are worried about which go with what machine then use Ziploc bags and label each bag for each machine.

#22 3 years ago

I always prefer balls deep to balls out

#23 3 years ago

Balls Out Transport would indeed be the coolest name imaginable for a pinball moving company!

#24 3 years ago

I feel this pain, bro. Looking at moving 7 pins to another state myself. I'm definitely removing the balls and putting them in a ziplock in the coin box just in case. Leaving legs on and getting a 26' truck with a lift gate. Biggest worry is probably the temperature difference honestly. It's getting cold in the destination.

#25 3 years ago

When I moved I took em all out and put them into zip lock bags.. Each with the name of the game I wrote on it with a sharpie

#26 3 years ago
    Quoted from freddy:

I usually place balls in a tube sock and put them i the coin tray

This thread is getting progressively weirder in some way

#27 3 years ago

Balls Out Pin Transport - We will never leave you hangin'!

You can't beat our service!

Pins down three flights in the basement? No situation is too hairy for Balls Out!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 64.00
    $ 27.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    $ 10.95
    Apparel - Unisex
    Pinball Wheezer
    $ 1,099.00
    $ 999.00
    Flipper Parts
    Mircoplayfields
    $ 25.00
    Cabinet - Other
    Filament Printing
    $ 30.00
    Cabinet - Other
    Filament Printing
    $ 999.00
    $ 39.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The MOD Couple
    $ 199.99
    Lighting - Led
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    Playfield - Other
    Pin Monk
    $ 44.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    PinBoss Mods
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    Cabinet - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    Playfield - Other
    Pin Monk
    $ 199.99
    $ 149.00
    $ 9,599.00
    Pinball Machine
    Operation Pinball
    $ 165.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Pixels Arcade Games
    $ 295.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The Art of Pinball
    $ 29.95

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside