Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 20 posts
  • 10 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by mickthepin
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Duke_Nukem_Ava_by_The_Xorcyst_(resized).jpg
    #1 8 years ago

are pinballs really balls of steel or just aluminum? if they were real balls of steel do you think it would be hard to hit the ramps or may do damage to the plastics?

#2 8 years ago

Steel.

LTG : )

#3 8 years ago

check out my demo mang plastics, they are STEEL

how much wood could a mountain biker chuck if he had to cut that wood in his trail?

#4 8 years ago

Duke_Nukem_Ava_by_The_Xorcyst_(resized).jpgDuke_Nukem_Ava_by_The_Xorcyst_(resized).jpg

#5 8 years ago

Where is the best place to get pure balls of steel? Pittsburgh?

#6 8 years ago
    Quoted from surfsled:

Where is the best place to get pure balls of steel? Pittsburgh?

Huntley, IL...

#7 8 years ago

I'll take "Pinside posts that could have been answered by Google" for $200, Alex.

#8 8 years ago

would love to see the casts for the molten steel balls and how they do it on like the History Channel or something like that. Would be Neat!

#9 8 years ago

How it is made balls of steel

#10 8 years ago
    Quoted from surfsled:

would love to see the casts for the molten steel balls and how they do it on like the History Channel or something like that. Would be Neat!

Search for how ball bearings are made.

#11 8 years ago
    Quoted from surfsled:

Not cast or molten.

Starts at 1:59

#12 8 years ago

Says the Anti-Friction Bearing Manufacturers Association (AFBMA) has a set of grades for bearing balls. A grade three ball has to be spherical within 3 millionths of an inch and the diameter must be accurate within 30 millionths of an inch. This means that for a grade three quarter-inch ball, the diameter would have to be between 0.24997 and 0.25003 of an inch and the smallest diameter measured on the ball has to be within 3 millionths of the largest diameter.

Does anyone know the grade of Pinball Balls of Steel?
    I want to make sure mine are round enough. plain and simple.

#13 8 years ago
    Quoted from surfsled:

Does anyone know the grade of Pinball Balls of Steel?

Grade 100 carbon steel.

#14 8 years ago

Grade 100? no wonder why I have so many stwange air bawls. I need rounder ones (more spherical). gimme the sphericallist balls you got! This is bull crap!

#15 8 years ago

They look round to me.

#16 8 years ago

I swear I have lost some HUGE pinball matches due to uneven balls that aren't even Carbon Steel.
    I will have to bring my scale next time, weight the balls and do some density math before the tourney starts.
    I want to make sure they are within IFPA specifications for touwrnaments.

#17 8 years ago

#18 8 years ago

It's s'twang...no e.
    Like Mustwang.

#19 8 years ago

I special ordered iron balls for my Mustwang.
    WTB : Mustwang plastics.

#20 8 years ago

"Balls of steel" was the best pinball game on P.C back in the day. Played it for years thinking, man it would be cool to own a pinball one day.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/balls-of-steel-1 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.