You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20171012_173947 (resized).jpg
20171012_173851 (resized).jpg

#1 6 years ago

Hi,

I just bought a fully restored Devil's Dare from TNT Amusements in PA. They did a great job and I am very pleased with it. However, almost every shot off the flippers to the center drop targets hits the glass. Even if it will not break the glass, I need to solve this problem. I don't like it. It throws the feel of the game off. Any suggestions?

Thanks

#2 6 years ago

Slide your flipper rubber up on the flippers. Gottlieb flippers have that groove so it gives the rubber an angle. This worked for me when i had a similar problem. I also raised the playfield angle.

#3 6 years ago

Im inclined to think a playfield insert is not level with the playfield. Slide your hand across the playfields inserts. Especially the ones in the center. I bet one or more sits high or low! They probably replaced all the plyfield lighted inserts and one could easily need adjusting. Flippers are probably rebuilt with new coils too. Make sure the right coils are there!! If they are juiced up by higher values or not? Adjustments can easily be made to correct the problem. The flipperz can also be raised up a bit from the playfield. Check the weight and diameter of the pinball...thats important! Lastly...a pitted pinball...a waxed pinball does this too!!! Strip the wax from the ball to reduce spin and speed...elevate the back of machine...shim a warped plyfield.

#4 6 years ago

I had the same issue, with the flippers rebuilt and strong, the ball hits the drops and the return angles up into the glass.
I ended up making a small piece of sheet metal which acts like an extension of the plastic so it hangs over the top of the drop targets.
so the ball now hits the sheet metal on its return instead of the glass.

#5 6 years ago

like this

20171012_173851 (resized).jpg20171012_173851 (resized).jpg

20171012_173947 (resized).jpg20171012_173947 (resized).jpg

#6 6 years ago

That's a nice fix. I like that idea! I raised the back legs and the flipper rubbers. I still hit the glass on those center targets, maybe not quite as much. However, just playing has trained me to not put too much english on the flippers when aiming for those targets. I think that has helped the most. I am also getting glass hits from the top flipper sometimes as well. All in all though, I am loving this game!

Do you know anything about the 2 soundboard adjustments? Which direction raises the pitch? Which one controls what specificly?

#7 6 years ago

Pitch? Not sure what you mean, maybe a new speaker will fix the pitch?
There are 2 pedometers on the sound board, one controls voice, the other music

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball
Decorations
$ 83.00
Electronics
PinballReplacementParts
Electronics
$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist
Protection
$ 35.00
Boards
Pinball Haus
Boards
$ 39.00

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/balls-hitting-glass-on-restored-1982-gottlieb-devils-dare?hl=jmorrow7 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.